Mayans MC (FX)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sons of Anarchy spin-off in the works at FX

Kurt Sutter developing series chronicling the Mayans motorcycle club

The world of Sons of Anarchy could ride again at FX.

After years of hinting that Sons might get a spin-off, EW has learned that series creator Kurt Sutter is now in the preliminary stages of developing a new show set in the Northern California motorcycle club scene.

Details about the project are scarce. In fact, we only know one thing for certain about the proposed storyline: The project focuses on the Mayans — the Oakland-based Hispanic MC gang that had quite a rocky history with SAMCRO across seven seasons. In the original series, the Mayans run heroin factories and are also involved in prostitution. Their cuts bear the legend “Los Asesinos de Dios” — Assassins of God.

Sutter had previously teased the idea of doing an SoA prequel as recently as last month at Comic-Con, possibly as a limited series. FX won’t officially confirm whether the new series will be a prequel or not. Either way, creating a new drama set in the SoA-verse makes plenty of sense for FX as Sons ranks as the most popular show in the network’s history. Last December’s Sons finale was seen by a whopping 9.2 million viewers.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I tired of the Sons Of Anarchy rather quickly and have zero interest in this one.

I loved Sons of Anarchy--overuse of the tired *first five minutes of the show is a song montage* trope notwithstanding. I wasn't even going to try this one, but it has Edward James Olmos. So I'm giving it a shot.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was very underwhelmed.

I'll give it a few more episodes hopefully it will get better

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
been watching this... it is kinda a slow burn and is starting to grow on me.
I think a big issue was that they started right in the middle of everything. Rather than develop the club and some characters then have them get into storylines they just dropped us into three or four story lines already in progress.

but,...chucky... I read somewhere this was supposed to be around 10 years "before" sons of anarchy... but chucky is there, and he already has his fingers chopped off...remember the yakuza(or cartel, I forget)...chopped off his fingers because he wouldnt stop jacking off all the time.

then last night freako fruitloop DEA guy showed up

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is a post-Jax world.
thats what it looks like...I had read something that said it was going to be a decade before Jax...was thinking that would limit them on how far they could go...makes more sense to sequel it though

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats what it looks like...I had read something that said it was going to be a decade before Jax...was thinking that would limit them on how far they could go...makes more sense to sequel it though

'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off: 'Mayans MC' Set in Post-Jax Teller World

https://www.christianpost.com/news/...ayans-mc-set-in-post-jax-teller-world-189818/

"Mayans MC" follows the life of EZ Reyes (JD Pardo), a prospective member of the motorcycle club, and his quest for vengence against the cartel. The show is set in the same universe as "Sons of Anarchy." The events occur two-and-a-half years after the original show's protagonist met his unfortunate end.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose