Haason Reddick article on AZ Central

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...rdinals-haason-reddick-motivation/1290420002/

So, no one wants to say that Reddick isn't good, but he is not one of the 11 best players on our defense. Essentially, Baker has moved around and continued to improve while Reddick hasn't. But, don't worry, Reddick is dedicated to working hard and proving the doubters wrong.

Kind of a toothless article containing information that I have.

Personally, I really hope Reddick figures things out, but it doesn't seem like Wilks has much patience left to guide him.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Except now, Reddick is no longer a starter. He’s a backup rotational player who was on the field for just 14 snaps on defense during Arizona’s 24-6 season-opening loss to Washington and he’s being asked to focus on playing special teams. That figures to be his role again this Sunday when the Cardinals play the Rams in Los Angeles.
:confused:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...rdinals-haason-reddick-motivation/1290420002/

So, no one wants to say that Reddick isn't good, but he is not one of the 11 best players on our defense. Essentially, Baker has moved around and continued to improve while Reddick hasn't. But, don't worry, Reddick is dedicated to working hard and proving the doubters wrong.

Kind of a toothless article containing information that I have.

Personally, I really hope Reddick figures things out, but it doesn't seem like Wilks has much patience left to guide him.
I agree the writing was on the wall in preseason. He was playing late into games, that's pretty telling.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also in that article he states in his 14 snaps on D he had 4 tackles and was for a loss of yardage.

It appears to me that the coaches are seeing what he knows very well in practice and when the situation dictates they put him in and he plays well.

I recall people saying that Reddick was invisible during his limited action but the stats indicate other wise. It seems that his biggest issue he is slow at picking up the scheme and nuances of the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also in that article he states in his 14 snaps on D he had 4 tackles and was for a loss of yardage.

It appears to me that the coaches are seeing what he knows very well in practice and when the situation dictates they put him in and he plays well.

I recall people saying that Reddick was invisible during his limited action but the stats indicate other wise. It seems that his biggest issue he is slow at picking up the scheme and nuances of the game.

Yeah the problem is of course he was a 1st round pick, and we're very weak at LB so having a 2nd year 1st round pick NOT starting at our weakest position on defense is just a very bad thing.

He just looks like a workout warrior to me, like he has all the measurables but when he's actually out there he doesn't seem nearly as fast as he's supposed to be. I assume it's just instinct, some guys play fast because they see the play before it happens, don't take false steps, and get there. Some guys like Deonne look fast but are actually running all over the place to get to the wrong spot or to the spot late. Reddick right now seems to be a guy who just takes too long to figure out the play so he's late. When he gets it right he looks fine, just far too often he's not getting it right. Even in the preseason against backups he just looked slow to me.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I saw him coming on the radar and shooting up the draft board and knew some team was going to get fooled. Unfortunately it was us

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yep. I am guessing they had their heart set on Mahomes or Watson, and when they both were snatched up, they panicked.
This is not how it works. I’m sure they were salivating over Mahomes, but they had a plan for what would happen if he was gone.

Gambo was all over the Reddick pick as soon as the Cards were on the clock. I have little doubt that Keim was eager to get him.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is not how it works. I’m sure they were salivating over Mahomes, but they had a plan for what would happen if he was gone.

Gambo was all over the Reddick pick as soon as the Cards were on the clock. I have little doubt that Keim was eager to get him.

Agree... And, I am 100% willing to give Reddick the majority of this season to show he can play and grow into a position that makes in impact on this defense. Don't know if it will happen...But listening to some comments from Holcomb this week, I get the feeling he is cautiously optimistic that Reddick will ultimately find his way. Sure hope so!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose