UPDATED: S Tre Boston signs with Cards

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Upgrading secondary apparently on Arizona Cardinals’ agenda
Free agent safety Tre Boston would certainly be an outstanding addition to the defensive backfield of the Arizona Cardinals
It was just a year ago that the Arizona Cardinals were stacked at the safety position. Their impressive depth chart included the likes of Tyrann Mathieu, Antoine Bethea, Tyvon Branch and Budda Baker. Things have failed to remain the same, however.

The release of Mathieu, and the fact that the free agent Branch appears to be unwanted by the team, has the Cards searching for help. Bethea and Baker remain, but the organization’s other safeties are unproven commodities. An upgrade would certainly be warranted.
https://raisingzona.com/2018/06/01/upgrading-secondary-apparently-arizona-cardinals-agenda/

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
the interest seems to be mutual. my guess is they just cant hit on a specific deal but are working on it..... structure perhaps. if we sign Boston to a market deal we are out of money...unless we can put off money to next season... I think they really want him but dont want to be out of money right now

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
the interest seems to be mutual. my guess is they just cant hit on a specific deal but are working on it..... structure perhaps. if we sign Boston to a market deal we are out of money...unless we can put off money to next season... I think they really want him but dont want to be out of money right now

I think the objective is as you stated and more importantly having some money in reserve going through a season to allocate funds in case of injuries. I still think with the money available next year, the Cards could come up with a contract which could capitalize on that aspect but this current situation seems to suggest they are only offering a one year deal which is preventing flexibility

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think the objective is as you stated and more importantly having some money in reserve going through a season to allocate funds in case of injuries. I still think with the money available next year, the Cards could come up with a contract which could capitalize on that aspect but this current situation seems to suggest they are only offering a one year deal which is preventing flexibility
yeah...according to sportrac we have 13mil.... which means about 8mil to spend as they generally go into the season with 5 in reserve

if I had to guess, they dont want to give Boston more than 4mil so they have money to play with as camp cuts come available...maybe another corner or a backup olineman...maybe a lber

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kendricks denied this report later, FYI
Denied the terms? Or denied the signing?

(The reason I asked question instead of clicking the Roto link is because my I-Pad locked up when I went the link route).

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Cleveland.com is also reporting that has agreed to terms with the Browns.
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/06/mychal_kendricks_agrees_to_ter.html
But that was before Kendricks denied the report that he had agreed to terms.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/nfl-browns-mychal-kendricks-rumors-contract-report

In my car in SiriusXM with Papa and Quinn. Was listening to them pulling into work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Don't shoot the messenger: So there you have it. The Browns have not locked up Kendricks just yet but they are the favorites to land him. Anything else you hear is (bleep).

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I thought this was telling:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

and:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

and:

He eluded to only receiving offers at $1 million....feels it's not worth his production. It was a good interview.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

and:

Since he thought the offer was disrespectful they need to pull it and let him go on his way...SEE YA

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Would’ve been happy to get him at 1m for the year. He’s definitely worth more.

Obviously not interested in a cheap prove it deal, and disrespected. Gotta move on

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since he thought the offer was disrespectful they need to pull it and let him go on his way...SEE YA

MEH.

There are guys like this every year in the NFL. They want the big contract, then it gets a couple of weeks before training camp and all of the sudden those "disrespectful" offers wind up not looking to bad.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We paid lot of money Gresham even if his performances didnt match his salary
Now we try to make a 1 year prove it deal for a player who has been one of the best safety , coming from a prove it deal, last season
im agree with Boston

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We paid lot of money Gresham even if his performances didnt match his salary
Now we try to make a 1 year prove it deal for a player who has been one of the best safety , coming from a prove it deal, last season
im agree with Boston
32 General Managers disagree with you.