Stranger Things (Netflix)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not crazy about the show falling into the classic sequel trap of busting up the ensemble for most of the year.

On episode 8... Big letdown from Season 1.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Not crazy about the show falling into the classic sequel trap of busting up the ensemble for most of the year.

On episode 8... Big letdown from Season 1.

I actually enjoyed season 2 much more than 1.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Just finished last two episodes... closed strong. Just thought it was a bit of a slog to get there.

Episode 7 felt super out of place. I get what they were trying to do. (Some world building.) But every character was extremely generic and cliche IMO. Loved every other episode though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed season 2 much more than 1.

My wife liked season 2 more but I still enjoy the originality of S1. S2 was still damn good and can’t wait for S3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Loved both seasons.

Thought the “sister” thing was superfluous. And the new bully and max were kinda useless as well. Didn’t really serve to move the story along imo.

The interesting thing to me is I’d be fine if they just ended here. I’ve never thought that about a series I enjoy this much. I just have a difficult time conceptually with this going a third season (not that I know that’s planned, I don’t).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved both seasons.

Thought the “sister” thing was superfluous. And the new bully and max were kinda useless as well. Didn’t really serve to move the story along imo.

The interesting thing to me is I’d be fine if they just ended here. I’ve never thought that about a series I enjoy this much. I just have a difficult time conceptually with this going a third season (not that I know that’s planned, I don’t).

Of course it.

They originally approached the Duffer Brothers to shoot Season 2 and 3 back to back because they were worried the kids would start maturing too fast.

What irked me most was the very last shot of the season where they went back to the upside down works and the big scary thing was STILL there. Was basically like nothing that happened in the previous nine hours mattered.

Dustin and Steve stole the season... and the Sherrif was solid again. I just don't know where the show goes from here without just repeating itself.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it.

They originally approached the Duffer Brothers to shoot Season 2 and 3 back to back because they were worried the kids would start maturing too fast.

What irked me most was the very last shot of the season where they went back to the upside down works and the big scary thing was STILL there. Was basically like nothing that happened in the previous nine hours mattered.

Dustin and Steve stole the season... and the Sherrif was solid again. I just don't know where the show goes from here without just repeating itself.

Spoilers!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it.

I thought that about Season 2 and it was solid. I watched an interview with the brothers and they indicated there is much more to the upside down.

They definitely have to be careful or you are right. it will feel like a repeat of itself.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought that about Season 2 and it was solid. I watched an interview with the brothers and they indicated there is much more to the upside down.

They definitely have to be careful or you are right. it will feel like a repeat of itself.

Someone remind me how to do spoiler

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
how could you be disappointed that they showed the upside down world? They just sealed the gate, they didn’t kill the shadow monster or eliminate the upside world. And the shadow monster still has a connection with Will like he did in ST1. He’s just no longer inside Will like he was in ST2.

That said, I do struggle to see where they take it from here without it becoming repetitive. Maybe the sister story, but I don’t find that compelling.

Maybe the ******** brother can boink Mikes Mom.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched first episode last night. Let's see where this goes.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first season was a bit childish, reminding me of Goonies a bit. Season 2 got a little darker. I thought it was good, a little entertaining, but not amazing.

Just started watching Black Mirror.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
New details on Season 3.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stranger-things-first-season-3-details-revealed-1097178

Five months after the premiere of a wildly successful second season, the cast and creatives behind Netflix's Stranger Thingsgathered at the Dolby Theatre on Sunday night to discuss their on-set dynamics and the pressure they feel after the success of the first season, between screams and shrieks from an enthusiastic audience.

But first, on the red carpet before the panel executive producer Shawn Levy revealed that the third season would take place one year after the second season, during the summer of 1985. He also added that Eleven (Millie Bobbie Brown) and Mike (Finn Wolfhard), and Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin) and Max (Sadie Sink), respectively, would all be couples at the beginning of the season. None of the cast had gotten the script yet, so Brown, who plays Eleven, learned that she would be in a relationship on the carpet.

"Mike and Eleven and are going strong, so that's a relationship that continues, and same with Mad Max and Lucas. But again, they're like 13- or 14-year-old kids, so what does romance mean at that stage of life? It can never be simple and stable relationships and there's fun to that instability," Levy said.

Levy also revealed that Steve Harrington, played by Joe Keery, will have more of a role in the next season. "We'll definitely get to see some more of Steve Harrington in season three, and I'll just say we won't be abandoning the Dad Steve magic. I don't want to say much more, but I literally feel that we were walking along and we stumbled onto a gold mine with Dad Steve," Levy said.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's how he kind of took the leader approach with the kids?

I figured, but I would think that would be like an older brother, rather then a dad.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
started this last night...watched season 1 and just enough season two to see that eleven came back... This show hooks you right away. I like it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA