Spurs

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No not the S.A. sterns!

This thread is all things "harry kane" because he is their franchise at the moment.

if he leaves for another club they may just put in for voluntary relegation or even will have to place a bid to become an NFL team.

Personally I think Christian Pulisic would be a perfect fit at this club next season(aside from Liverpool)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Spurs are my 2nd team, as I went to a game there while in London.. but glad I found a non-big 6 side to root for in Brighton (my employer sponsors them).

Harry Kane could go next level with a big world cup performance for England.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Spurs are my 2nd team, as I went to a game there while in London.. but glad I found a non-big 6 side to root for in Brighton (my employer sponsors them).

I'm thinking Spurs want him to have a rather pedestrian World Cup. If he tears it up, Read Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Barca will be after him.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lol. I think he’s safe from the other English clubs but Madrid or Barcelona could poach him if he wants to leave.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I was at the derby today. Spurs back into the top 4.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Spurs draw away at Juventus and away at Rochdale. What a week of football...

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Lads, it's England

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lads, it's England

You must be registered for see images
:)

I recall about a year ago seeing Scottish supporters pre-gaming in front of “Iceland” stores in London. Then when they went to the World Cup expansion decision BBC pundits said it was bad for World football and slow the game down. They meant to say more teams would beat us now. The arrogance with their national team is a bit high for their results. But their youth teams are on the rise. Sounds a bit like another country I know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And Man City goes down to Wigan. Questionable red given but well deserved win for Wigan. Suddenly spurs probably are not feeling so sad and maybe this opens the window for them a little more in the FA Cup with arsenal and Man City both out.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And Man City goes down to Wigan. Questionable red given but well deserved win for Wigan. Suddenly spurs probably are not feeling so sad and maybe this opens the window for them a little more in the FA Cup with arsenal and Man City both out.

Thought it was a clear red.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Thought it was a clear red.
In normal speed it looked like a sure red to me. Only when slowing down(which I hate) could someone even argue for a yellow. The only controversy for me is that the ref was holding a yellow so I’m sure Man City fans will try to say something fishy happened.

Stout

Reaction score
I hope Spurs go down. There's the obvious underdog angle, but if Spurs advance, I think Newcastle end up with a 21-day layoff because of fixture swaps and stuff.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah that replay threw everything for a loop. My son wants to go to that Newcastle match at Wembley. I might see if I can get him in the Newcastle seats. Rochdale seem happier to be going to Wembley for a replay than if they actually won the match. People were saying that. But seeing Wigan beat Man City makes me think twice. Rochdale could have defeated spurs especially with the gamble Pochettino took with his lineup.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah that replay threw everything for a loop. My son wants to go to that Newcastle match at Wembley. I might see if I can get him in the Newcastle seats. Rochdale seem happier to be going to Wembley for a replay than if they actually won the match. People were saying that. But seeing Wigan beat Man City makes me think twice. Rochdale could have defeated spurs especially with the gamble Pochettino took with his lineup.

Why the heck is there a second replay, though? I've never heard of that. Whenever there's been a draw, there's been one replay, and if it is tied, it goes to extra time and then penalties. The only thing I can think of is that when you advance to this round, the rules are different? :shrug:

I hope you two can make it to that match, and that Newcastle delivers a victory on the day :)

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So this was Rochdale and spurs first match. Spurs had to replay with Newport county before that. if they are tied on the replay it will go to pens. Like Chelsea and Norwich went to pens in game 2 at Stamford bridge after their draw at Carrow road. Damn I was hoping Norwich would pull that one out.

Newcastle beating spurs at Wembley would be something else! Spurs are not scoring many goals at the moment.

Id say if they played tomorrow it would be a tight match if Newcastle defend well and take their chances. Interested to see yedlin match up against them. Spurs could definitely use him now.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
For spurs...if they don’t win the FA Cup this year they may indeed never win a trophy and lose harry Kane. They are playing Home games At Wembley and Liverpool Man City and arsenal are all gone.

Stout

Reaction score
So this was Rochdale and spurs first match. Spurs had to replay with Newport county before that. if they are tied on the replay it will go to pens. Like Chelsea and Norwich went to pens in game 2 at Stamford bridge after their draw at Carrow road. Damn I was hoping Norwich would pull that one out.

Newcastle beating spurs at Wembley would be something else! Spurs are not scoring many goals at the moment.

Id say if they played tomorrow it would be a tight match if Newcastle defend well and take their chances. Interested to see yedlin match up against them. Spurs could definitely use him now.

Oh, that's right! I forgot it was Newport County before. Thanks for the clarification!

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah. One bright spot for spurs was Lucas mora. He looked like someone who could bolster their first choice lineup.

It’s crazy to see the top English clubs doing so well in UCL but also struggling in the FA Cup. I love the football in this country!

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Didn't see the game, but heard it was a total disaster.
Yes it was. And it was poor weather conditions. It left the players standing in the cold for long periods. There were 9 mins of stoppage time added! This can cause injury. Fans need to pick a side. As well there were still controversy with decisions made after review.

To be fair I’ve heard there are better examples for VAR compared to last night. But I am a skeptic. I think review has done more harm in some of the American sports. and personally I don’t think it is good for soccer unless they limit it to the exception rather than a norm.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it was. And it was poor weather conditions. It left the players standing in the cold for long periods. There were 9 mins of stoppage time added! This can cause injury. Fans need to pick a side. As well there were still controversy with decisions made after review.

To be fair I’ve heard there are better examples for VAR compared to last night. But I am a skeptic. I think review has done more harm in some of the American sports. and personally I don’t think it is good for soccer unless they limit it to the exception rather than a norm.

I didn't see the game either, but I am a firm believer in VAR. While it sometimes takes longer than expected, it usually gets it right. The players should be using the VAR review time to stay warm.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I didn't see the game either, but I am a firm believer in VAR. While it sometimes takes longer than expected, it usually gets it right. The players should be using the VAR review time to stay warm.
If you saw the game you would not be happy with what you saw. Again I’m sure I have not seen the games where it went off well. I’m using my opinion based on this game as well as replay stoppage taking the emotion and fun out of other sports. There are too many reviews that aren’t needed. That’s my problem. I’m for limited review. Give each manager one review per game. Or let the ref have one video assist per match. That’s ok for me.

Here’s a good article today from bbc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43256551

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you saw the game you would not be happy with what you saw. Again I’m sure I have not seen the games where it went off well. I’m using my opinion based on this game as well as replay stoppage taking the emotion and fun out of other sports. There are too many reviews that aren’t needed. That’s my problem. I’m for limited review. Give each manager one review per game. Or let the ref have one video assist per match. That’s ok for me.

Here’s a good article today from bbc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43256551

The end of the article isn't doing itself any justice. The picture of Mata was clear. He was offside and VAR did its job.

"Let's look at the facts," he said. "We've analysed almost 1,000 games and the reality is you lose an average of 90 seconds per game. Is that too long? Perhaps.

"But we lose an average of seven minutes per game due to throw-ins. If we lose seven minutes on throw-ins, we can lose 90 seconds to get decisions right."

Exactly.