College Basketball 2017-18

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dickie V is weeping uncontrollably. ESPN is reeling in red ink.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Six weeks from today there will be college basketball games. And boy do we need them."

There is no way anyone did not know. Players, coaches, admin, etc. The BB system got caught and busted. Maybe the game needs a year off... but money is King and that won't happen.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Champions Classic this year:

1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4

Best non conference feature there is going right now year in and year out.

DWKB - your Jayhawks just got a verbal from a kid at my daughter’s high school. He’s only a sophomore! Kid is incredible. Dad had a short run in the NBA and then played in Italy, where he met his pro volleyball Italian wife. Their son is Nico Manion and he will one day be breaking many Kansas records! Congrats! [emoji106]

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DWKB - your Jayhawks just got a verbal from a kid at my daughter’s high school. He’s only a sophomore! Kid is incredible. Dad had a short run in the NBA and then played in Italy, where he met his pro volleyball Italian wife. Their son is Nico Manion and he will one day be breaking many Kansas records! Congrats! [emoji106]

You're breaking news with this post, 82. I see that we offered Nico in Aug, but no news on a verbal. Did it happen today?

Kid definitely looks like a big get though!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You're breaking news with this post, 82. I see that we offered Nico in Aug, but no news on a verbal. Did it happen today?

Kid definitely looks like a big get though!

Don't believe he's released an "official" statement... However, his mom - who is a true, HIGHLY emotional/passionate Italian - has pretty much confirmed that Kansas is their #1 choice. He has offers from a number of other top programs (Duke, Stanford, UofA, etc..)... but from what I am being told, Kansas is in the driver's seat...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So is the assumption here Arizona won't have a full roster because of the FBI stuff? If not I think ARizona should be top 3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't believe he's released an "official" statement... However, his mom - who is a true, HIGHLY emotional/passionate Italian - has pretty much confirmed that Kansas is their #1 choice. He has offers from a number of other top programs (Duke, Stanford, UofA, etc..)... but from what I am being told, Kansas is in the driver's seat...

Yeah if that's official it's definitely news.

He's an intriguing kid because he's so young it's hard to know how big he ends up. He's the size of a PG but he plays like a 2 so that's really the question on him does he grow into a 2, or does he learn to be more of a PG. Really athletic kid.

I remember his dad Pace, he was on the Warriors for a bit.

He plays for Earl Watson Elite in AAU which is now just West Coast Elite, Under Armour program, everyone is recruiting him.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least one of the coaches left every team implicated in the Adidas scandal off his ballot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Greg Hansen's column yesterday.

"The FBI has asked Arizona and the NCAA to pause any investigations into college basketball’s ongoing scandal until after federal agents complete their exploration into illegal recruiting.

With the NCAA temporarily stepping out of the FBI’s fact-gathering process, Arizona’s 2017-18 season will almost surely be played without penalties. The postseason and a potential Final Four are in play."

Presumably if the NCAA felt they had enough proof to suspend players they would have already done so. This means IMO we're about to play a season where at least 2 of the top 10 teams in the country have players who have been implicated in an FBI investigation that involves breaking NCAA rules, but are going to be allowed to play while the FBI finishes the investigation.

If you're the NCAA here you are either hoping like crazy that Arizona or USC doesn't win the title, or you're hoping like crazy the FBI doesn't have enough proof to cause you to vacate games after the fact because you have to rule certain players ineligible.