OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on episode 7. Interesting mix of characters.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We watched several episodes before finally throwing in the towel.

It is well done and I enjoyed the acting, and seeing a different part of the U.S. for a change, but you can only watch so much negativity. Its a bit overwhelming. At least in Breaking Bad we got to know Walt a bit before he went south and got to follow his devolution. And it was fun while his family was relatively innocent and in the dark about what he was doing for a fair bit. Here the guy is knee deep in it right off the bat. And his family finds out about it fairly quickly. And his wife has her own treachery from the getgo. And their son is twisted as F***. Ya, more than I can handle at least.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We watched several episodes before finally throwing in the towel.

It is well done and I enjoyed the acting, and seeing a different part of the U.S. for a change, but you can only watch so much negativity. Its a bit overwhelming. At least in Breaking Bad we got to know Walt a bit before he went south and got to follow his devolution. And it was fun while his family was relatively innocent and in the dark about what he was doing for a fair bit. Here the guy is knee deep in it right off the bat. And his family finds out about it fairly quickly. And his wife has her own treachery from the getgo. And their son is twisted as F***. Ya, more than I can handle at least.

@Shaggy the above is what I meant by getting "anti-hero'd" out. The good guy doing the bad thing usually in the name of "family" has been done to death on TV at this point. And in this one, it doesn't even start as a good guy doing a bad thing. The entire family is rotten to the core the moment we meet them... the wife doing her thing on the side, husband already a criminal... even the daughter is freaking annoying. There's literally nothing/no one to root for as far as I'm concerned.

At least with Breaking Bad, it was a gradual decension into hell for Walt and throughout the series, he was usually the lesser of two evils, battling really great bad guys. But here... meh.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Shaggy the above is what I meant by getting "anti-hero'd" out. The good guy doing the bad thing usually in the name of "family" has been done to death on TV at this point. And in this one, it doesn't even start as a good guy doing a bad thing. The entire family is rotten to the core the moment we meet them... the wife doing her thing on the side, husband already a criminal... even the daughter is freaking annoying. There's literally nothing/no one to root for as far as I'm concerned.

At least with Breaking Bad, it was a gradual decension into hell for Walt and throughout the series, he was usually the lesser of two evils, battling really great bad guys. But here... meh.

:cheers:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished it. I liked it. Not on par with Breaking Bad, but what is? I liked the mix of characters and a couple of the twists along the way.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Finished it. I liked it. Not on par with Breaking Bad, but what is? I liked the mix of characters and a couple of the twists along the way.
Yeah, I agree. I've got about 40 min left in the season. I'm ready to wrap it up and move on.

I was confused by the swimming scene with Charlotte. That must have been a dream right? There's no way she would have sunk to the bottom wearing a wetsuit...and it was so shallow.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Got ya. Makes sense.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Halfway thru and enjoying it. Assuming that laptop vid is his wife knocking boots with the dude who was thrown off his balcony?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will watch this after Stranger Things.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really disliked this show. Another "awful people doing awful things" schadenfreude type show.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Fantastic. Binge watched season 1. So looking to season 2. The way the first one ended, there's a storm heading to the Ozarks. And its going to be dark and wild.:grabs:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up finishing it. Doesn't reinvent the wheel, but man, Bateman is so damn good in it that he carries it through. So is his teenage partner in crime.
Ruthie is the girl from The Americans. Daughter of the gov't official Phillip was bugging. She's good. Binge watched the entire season. 2nd season debuts Aug. 31.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose