Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There goes Ojeleye to the Celtics.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I don't mind Reed. It's a safe pick, IMO. I think the odds of him being a role player off the bench are better than him being out of the league in 4-5 years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous. Because the talking heads don't know who he is he's a reach. When you get into the second round I'm certain none of you have any idea what you're talking about. All the names y'all named were either high profile collegians or had writeups online. That doesn't mean they're good. McDonough is a professional and has a team of scouts scouring all available players. If they like this guy I'm willing to bet he's got a much higher percentage chance of success than the "name guys" you all are so certain are all stars we passed on. Just admit you don't like him because you don't know who he is rather than claim he was a reach bc reality is, you have no idea if he was a reach.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous. Because the talking heads don't know who he is he's a reach. When you get into the second round I'm certain none of you have any idea what you're talking about. All the names y'all named were either high profile collegians or had writeups online. That doesn't mean they're good. McDonough is a professional and has a team of scouts scouring all available players. If they like this guy I'm willing to bet he's got a much higher percentage chance of success than the "name guys" you all are so certain are all stars we passed on. Just admit you don't like him because you don't know who he is rather than claim he was a reach bc reality is, you have no idea if he was a reach.

I agree. Another thing to keep in mind is that we need someone to back up Booker for 10 minutes per game while being able to shoot and play defense. I know nothing of this guy, but he seems to fit that. If he doesn't work out, no big deal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In regard to Reed. Did the ESPN announcers say he went from a freshman to a senior. I thought heard something about knees.

Anybody catch the remarks?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
76ers loading up on youngsters like crazy.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You really should stop right there. Plenty of posters on this board have researched the hell out of 2nd rd picks and we've debated guys like Jordan Bell, Semi Ajeleye, Hart among others to death. Don't assume for even a mini second that we all just looked at mock drafts today and came to the conclusion on who to pick.

McD is one of the worst GMs in the league at drafting outside the lottery with Ulis as his only hit so he doesn't deserve benefit of the doubt there.

Why do you think well established and ten times smarter than Suns front offices like GSW and Boston immediately traded up or bought picks just to draft the guys I just mentioned above?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That's the only non awful pick outside the lottery that McDonough has made in his entire career.

Some of those name 2nd round players are being traded for 2nd round picks.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a 3 and D player, 40% from 3 and 6'6 with a 7' wingspan. He was on the ACC All Defensive team and 3rd team All-ACC. What did you want from a 2nd round pick? Almost everyone has talked about the importance of 3 and D players and he fits that mold. He's also a bit more mature at 22 and a senior so he shouldn't require the attention and training to develop but he already provides 2 needed skills in 3 point shooting and good defense. He may not get that much better but if he can shoot 40% from 3 and play good perimeter defense then he's a great pick. If he makes the team he's a good pick, it's a 2nd rounder after all.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Came here to check out the Jackson hype. Instead, basically got "McD sucks because he didn't take the guy I read about online a few times in the 2nd round."

Cool.

Yup. This was a great draft night. Gambo had been talking about Reed for some time. Jackson could have gone #1 in a different draft.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Came here to check out the Jackson hype. Instead, basically got "McD sucks because he didn't take the guy I read about online a few times in the 2nd round."

Cool.

Yep! Some people cannot be happy if they are not complaining. I swear that McD could turn Knight and a second round pick into Kevin Durant and someone would complain that he gave up a second round pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bell was sold to the Warriors. Yikes.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
That's the only non awful pick outside the lottery that McDonough has made in his entire career.

OK? And he's hit on a few late lottery guys. Booker and Warren. Grand slam with Booker and a solid double with Warren. One more pick later and Warren is considered an "outside the lottery" guy. Two more for Booker. Are you going to ignore finding a guy like Alan Williams as well? Derrick Jones Jr? Both Undrafted.

Let me guess, you're gonna bring up Ennis?

Your argument is stupid.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Cool.
Why don't you go back to the pages when he got drafted and you will see all the hype you need. Or Jackson the topic has its own thread as well.

You know you just came into a thread that's discussing the draft live right? And the draft is still going on now, they didn't end it after drafting Jackson.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OK? And he's hit on a few late lottery guys. Booker and Warren. Grand slam with Booker and a solid double with Warren. One more pick later and Warren is considered an "outside the lottery" guy. Two more for Booker. Are you going to ignore finding a guy like Alan Williams as well? Derrick Jones Jr? Both Undrafted.

Let me guess, you're gonna bring up Ennis?

Your argument is stupid.
Alan Williams and Derrick Jones Jr weren't draft picks iirc and besides, please don't ever use Derrick Jones Jr in any argument ever again. Other than being able to dunk well, he has nothing for an NBA resume.

And I don't know why you even mentioned lottery guys, when I clearly said he's good in the lottery. Your argument is stupid.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep! Some people cannot be happy if they are not complaining. I swear that McD could turn Knight and a second round pick into Kevin Durant and someone would complain that he gave up a second round pick.
He could have not traded for Knight in the first place and I think people would complain a whole lot less in general :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn