Recruiting

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Basha quarterback Ryan Kelley commits to ASU. This is great news going forward.

From Richard Obert, azcentral sports.

A few days after Chandler Basha junior quarterback Ryan Kelley posted on Twitter that he was decommitting from Oregon, he posted on social media on Friday that he has committed to Arizona State.

Kelley, 6-foot-4, 187 pounds, is rated by ESPN as the No. 1 dual threat quarterback in the country in the 2017 class.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...er-basha-qb-ryan-kelley-commits-asu/84044696/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting more in-state recruits is what the Sun Devils need.

Go Devils!

:sparky:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Attended the Pinnacle vs Basha high school game last night. Holy crap what a game! Pinnacle (the good guys [emoji3]) won 49-41 in an amazing back and forth game that feature two of the top QB's in AZ. Ryan Kelley, Basha's QB had previously committed to Oregon but de-committed and is now heading to Tempe next fall! The kid was absolutely incredible! Has a rocket arm, great touch, tremendous presence and is a great athlete which he demonstrated on an 81 yard TD run after being pushed out of the pocket. He outran everyone and at 6'2" and 185, it was impressive to see.
Gotta say though that Pinnacle's sophomore QB, Spencer Rattler was just as good! He still needs to grow as I think he might be right 6 feet and about 170 or so, but wow. What an athlete... He put on a show last night as well.
Basha also had a few other bigtime playmakers but not sure where they are heading next year. Nathaniel their Left Tackle was a beast! And Desean Goodman their running back and kick returner was really the star!
Great game and for a Sun Devil fans, we should be very excited about taking Kelley away from the Ducks!! [emoji106]

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Attended the Pinnacle vs Basha high school game last night. Holy crap what a game! Pinnacle (the good guys [emoji3]) won 49-41 in an amazing back and forth game that feature two of the top QB's in AZ. Ryan Kelley, Basha's QB had previously committed to Oregon but de-committed and is now heading to Tempe next fall! The kid was absolutely incredible! Has a rocket arm, great touch, tremendous presence and is a great athlete which he demonstrated on an 81 yard TD run after being pushed out of the pocket. He outran everyone and at 6'2" and 185, it was impressive to see.
Gotta say though that Pinnacle's sophomore QB, Spencer Rattler was just as good! He still needs to grow as I think he might be right 6 feet and about 170 or so, but wow. What an athlete... He put on a show last night as well.
Basha also had a few other bigtime playmakers but not sure where they are heading next year. Nathaniel their Left Tackle was a beast! And Desean Goodman their running back and kick returner was really the star!
Great game and for a Sun Devil fans, we should be very excited about taking Kelley away from the Ducks!! [emoji106]

Awesome! Crazy how we are stockpiling QB's

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boom

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Good News. No idea how the QB battle is going to shake out with the injuries to White and Perkins, Barnett having to sit out the first month of 2017, etc. What a mess. Some folks may want to transfer, we have 5 QB's that want to be number one, not sure if any of them will be ready for it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Good News. No idea how the QB battle is going to shake out with the injuries to White and Perkins, Barnett having to sit out the first month of 2017, etc. What a mess. Some folks may want to transfer, we have 5 QB's that want to be number one, not sure if any of them will be ready for it.

This was a head scratcher for me. ASU seemingly had a bunch of QBs who have tremendous potential but needed coaching. Barnett is not a significant upgrade, but what's wose is that does not send a positive message to guys like White, Perkins, Sterling-Cole, or incoming Kelly. I suspect Kelly might reopen his recruitment and one or two of the others will transfer (I was under the impression that at least one was gone by the end of the year regardless of Barnett).

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This was a head scratcher for me. ASU seemingly had a bunch of QBs who have tremendous potential but needed coaching. Barnett is not a significant upgrade, but what's wose is that does not send a positive message to guys like White, Perkins, Sterling-Cole, or incoming Kelly. I suspect Kelly might reopen his recruitment and one or two of the others will transfer (I was under the impression that at least one was gone by the end of the year regardless of Barnett).

Tremendous? Really?? :rolleyes:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Tremendous? Really?? :rolleyes:
Yes. Sterling-Cole can be a very good QB. So can White and Kelly. Adding Barnett is a desperation move by Graham because he knows he's a 2-4 start next year away from termination. I don't think he's any better than your current crop of QBs and it will likely lead to attrition at the position. If I'm Kelly, and see that they just picked up a guy who can start for three years, why would I go to ASU?

In short, it looks good for Graham right now, but could have long-term implications.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yes. Sterling-Cole can be a very good QB. So can White and Kelly. Adding Barnett is a desperation move by Graham because he knows he's a 2-4 start next year away from termination. I don't think he's any better than your current crop of QBs and it will likely lead to attrition at the position. If I'm Kelly, and see that they just picked up a guy who can start for three years, why would I go to ASU?

In short, it looks good for Graham right now, but could have long-term implications.

Kelly is still in high school... and I think you're giving way too much props to QBs who have yet to show anything at the collegiate level.
That said - yes indeed, this move is absolutely a desperation/last ditch effort by Graham! Hope it pans out! [emoji106]

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They need to load up on OL & CB's, Austin Jackson would be a HUUUGE get but the competition will be stiff.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A little off topic but former Mountain Pointe star Jalen Brown is transferring from ORE. He is going to be a graduate transfer so he could play next year, hopefully Graham is blowing up his cell phone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard