David Johnson - ACL Intact, but other damage

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Probably worst thing I've read all day. If that's the case, why play him the past 2-3 weeks when we were out of playoff contention. Should every team not in playoffs not play their stars? People pay money to see David Johnson. Not Kerwynn Williams. Injuries are part of the game, and you play every game to win. Worst post of 2017.
No he deserved to play the last few weeks but this game meant absolutely nothing. Last game against a rook QB, we should and did beat with our eyes closed. What is, it is. It almost turned out very badly, and we don't need something like that heading into next year. The last thing this team needed is him not ready to go because he suffered a major injury in this last meaningless road game this season. I was All for screwing the Hags last week. And he'll need to get ready to go in the pre season. Apparently it was his decision to go, so..........

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not very happy he was even in there in such a nothing game. Their hands down mvp this year. Shut him down. No need to risk him here. They apparently lucked out somewhat, but stupid decision to play him in this one game.

A) He was healthy
B) He was looking to set records
C) The team needed momentum going into the offseason to prove to itself that it was better than its record
D) He's a football player, and football players play football

Sounds like a number of reasons to "risk" him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sitting DJ would've been 180 from any mindset you want going into the offseason. Seriously, you want him worrying about injuries instead of winning games?

Blank that crap.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you know that feline AIDS is the number one killer of housecats?

:p
You must be registered for see images attach
Get it right. It's the #1 killer of domestic cats. Seriously, probably the funniest SNL bit in the last 20 years(the one with Lindsey Lohan).

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
possibly, but wouldn't that be more frequent with nba players and the vertical impact vs a running back?

I tore mine while refereeing a soccer game. I just turned my leg the wrong way while changing directions and that was it. Mine was not a big tear but I would be walking and my knee would buckle at any given time after the tear. Three small holes later and I was fixed up. Back on it inside of a week. Never had any problems after that. My surgery was for a Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy I think the size of the tear will determine what DJ needs to have done. Here is some info on a torn meniscus.

The menisci - the medial meniscus and lateral meniscus - are crescent-shaped bands of thick, rubbery cartilage attached to the shinbone (tibia). They act as shock absorbers and stabilize the knee. The medial meniscus is on the inner side of the knee joint. The lateral meniscus is on the outside of the knee.

Meniscus tears can vary widely in size and severity. A meniscus can be split in half, ripped around its circumference in the shape of a C or left hanging by a thread to the knee joint. A barely noticeable tear may resurface years later, triggered by something as simple as tripping over a sidewalk curb.

A meniscus tear can occur when the knee is suddenly twisted while the foot is planted on the ground. A tear can also develop slowly as the meniscus loses resiliency. In this case, a portion may break off, leaving frayed edges.

A
magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan is often used to diagnose meniscal injuries. The meniscus shows up as black on the MRI. Any tears appear as white lines. An MRI is 70 to 90% accurate in identifying whether the meniscus has been torn and how badly. However, meniscus tears do not always appear on MRIs.

Meniscus tears, indicated by MRI, are classified in three grades. Grades 1 and 2 are not considered serious. They may not even be apparent with an arthroscopic examination. Grade 3 is a true meniscus tear and an arthroscope is close to 100% accurate in diagnosing this tear.

Treating a Torn Meniscus
If your MRI indicates a Grade 1 or 2 tear, but your symptoms and physical exam are inconsistent with a tear, surgery may not be needed.

Grade 3 meniscus tears usually require surgery, which may include:

• Arthroscopic repair. An arthroscope is inserted into the knee to see the tear. One or two other small incisions are made for inserting instruments. Many tears are repaired with dart-like devices that are inserted and placed across the tear to hold it together. The body usually absorbs these over time.

Arthroscopic meniscus repairs typically takes about 40 minutes to do. Usually you will be able to leave the hospital the same day.
  • Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy. The goal of this surgery is to remove a small piece of the torn meniscus in order to get the knee functioning normally.
  • Arthroscopic total meniscectomy. Occasionally, a large tear of the outer meniscus can best be treated by arthroscopic total meniscectomy, a procedure in which the entire meniscus is removed.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Gregg Williams......

I'm hearing all the Sean Payton to the Rams speculation, and am wondering if it happens, does he reunite with Williams? I'd be just fine to see that DB become a LB coach somewhere in the AFC East.

TJ

Reaction score
I'm hearing all the Sean Payton to the Rams speculation, and am wondering if it happens, does he reunite with Williams? I'd be just fine to see that DB become a LB coach somewhere in the AFC East.

Payton wants nothing to do with Gregg Williams, unless it's in the back of a dimly lit alleyway with a 9 iron.

FORKTUNG

Registered
Reaction score
Johnson was down when ogletree bent him over backwards. Did anybody else pick up on the fact that there was a fight at halftime as both teams were entering the locker room what was up with that?

TJ

Reaction score
Johnson was down when ogletree bent him over backwards. Did anybody else pick up on the fact that there was a fight at halftime as both teams were entering the locker room what was up with that?
I was at the game near where both teams entered the locker room and saw no fights between the two teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I was at the game near where both teams entered the locker room and saw no fights between the two teams.

Even Calvisi said the fight happened at halftime, so I believe it happened. Lots of hate & words between both teams coaches & players since BA has taken over.

TJ

Reaction score
Even Calvisi said the fight happened at halftime, so I believe it happened. Lots of hate & words between both teams coaches & players since BA has taken over.
Then it must've happened in the building as none of us saw anything.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sideline reporter said it was just outside the locker rooms during the broadcast. Happened off-camera.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Per MJ, MCL sprain and no surgery required.. recovery time is 6-8 weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TJ

Reaction score
Per MJ, MCL sprain and no surgery required.. recovery time is 6-8 weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good. Let him rest and enjoy his newborn in the meantime.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Incredibly lucky! DJ is a freak of nature...gotta love it

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A real shame he was unable to get the 100yd record but this is great news.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Did you see what Sean Payton was doing to Gregg Williams earlier in the year? He was running double reverse throwbacks in the 4th qtr up 3 touchdowns. :lol:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Did you see what Sean Payton was doing to Gregg Williams earlier in the year? He was running double reverse throwbacks in the 4th qtr up 3 touchdowns. :lol:

Didn't see it, but I suppose that clearly answers my question.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen