Hey what do ya know, another TE goes down...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Incredible... really...

Tight end takes another injury hit

Darren Fells chuckled. I mean, what else can you do? It’s not funny with all the injuries the team’s tight end room has absorbed — the latest being a knee problem for Ifeanyi Momah, after he got hurt in Tuesday’s practice — but it’s better than crying. Or punching a wall in frustration. Fells is the one healthy tight end, although Jermaine Gresham (hamstring) did finally practice full on Wednesday and Troy Niklas (hamstring) was able to go limited.
“I don’t what to say anymore,” Fells said, shaking his head.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2015/09/09/tight-end-takes-another-injury-hit/

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Just convert to the run n shoot & be done with the TEs :D

Our TEs are NFL soft and that makes them suck... and I think you have a point Buckybird or just freaking draft a ton of OTs and let Massie play TE if he is no longer the starting RT and then at least our TEs can block and do one thing right lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Should've kept Jim Dray. Had a $2.25M guarantee on a three-year deal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who was our TE who constantly looked like his pants were falling down?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He sucked ass as well

You must be registered for see images

Dray was 21st in receiving DYAR among tight ends last year while being a good blocker.

It's funny that TE is such a tiered system. There are between 12 and 16 above-average receiving TEs in the NFL, and everyone else is essentially replacement-level.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Dray was 21st in receiving DYAR among tight ends last year while being a good blocker.

It's funny that TE is such a tiered system. There are between 12 and 16 above-average receiving TEs in the NFL, and everyone else is essentially replacement-level.

Lmao Good comeback at me K9 I like that!

But hey, the guys pedestrian & calling him anything else with his 50 whopping career receptions is ludicrous, regardless of what those useless ratings says. Luv ya anyway dude :p

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
At what point is it okay to start questioning Arians's workout approach? This is absurd.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At what point is it okay to start questioning Arians's workout approach? This is absurd.

Torn meniscus? Don't think that is a stretching issue. Several minor hamstrings, but most of those are gone except for the two TEs coming off other injuries...

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DJ Humphries is going to have to line up at TE and just block.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Non-contact injury. Not related to stretching. Depending on the procedure (removing debris or repairing the meniscus), should be around a 3-8 week recovery time.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Non-contact injury. Not related to stretching. Depending on the procedure (removing debris or repairing the meniscus), should be around a 3-8 week recovery time.

He is out for the season.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He is out for the season.

Really? A torn meniscus shouldn't be a season ending injury. When I tore mine I was able to start doing things within a month. I was back to coaching soccer and refereeing about a month after the surgery. Did they place him on IR?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had 7 TDs a couple of seasons back as a rookie. How do you go from that to unsigned in 2 years? I see he was injured most of last season...well that fits with our current "stable" of TE's.

He got injured 2 years back because of his puppy