NBA Off Season Thread

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If he contributed to Goran's sense of unrest and dissatisfaction with the team, well, then, it was a disaster.

That's complete bs speculation. After they went to Miami, Zoran hardly played and Goran didn't say anything about that. Even in PHX, Goran never cared about how many minutes his brother played. They even sent his brother to the D league in Miami and Goran praised Riley for doing that because he thought it will be good for him to develop better than sit on the bench for the Heat.

Unlike the Morris sisters, Goran Dragic PRAISED the move to trade Zoran to Boston because he figured he has a higher likelihood of making the team and playing minutes there than he does on the backcourt loaded Heat team.

There has no quotes or even credible sources which said that his brother not getting playing time played a role in him wanting out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's complete bs speculation. After they went to Miami, Zoran hardly played and Goran didn't say anything about that. Even in PHX, Goran never cared about how many minutes his brother played. They even sent his brother to the D league in Miami and Goran praised Riley for doing that because he thought it will be good for him to develop better than sit on the bench for the Heat.

Unlike the Morris sisters, Goran Dragic PRAISED the move to trade Zoran to Boston because he figured he has a higher likelihood of making the team and playing minutes there than he does on the backcourt loaded Heat team.

There has no quotes or even credible sources which said that his brother not getting playing time played a role in him wanting out.

Um. You didn't get what I meant. See post #499

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
When talking about brothers on the Suns, it should be noted that Thunder Dan's brother, Jeff Majerle, played with him on the Suns.

Jeff's only skill was a fair 3-point shot.

Jeff became an early manager of the original Majerle's sports grill a block from US Airways Center. He is currently one of the managers at the Chandler Majerle's.

Apparently his managerial skills haven't taken him any higher than his basketball skills.

But, I must say that their All Star (formerly the Thunder 9) bacon cheddar burger is my favorite.

I had one just last week prior to attending a Mercury game. It is a ritual whenever I see the D-backs, Suns or Mercury.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When talking about brothers on the Suns, it should be noted that Thunder Dan's brother, Jeff Majerle, played with him on the Suns.

Jeff's only skill was a fair 3-point shot.

Jeff became an early manager of the original Majerle's sports grill a block from US Airways Center. He is currently one of the managers at the Chandler Majerle's.

Apparently his managerial skills haven't taken him any higher than his basketball skills.

But, I must say that their All Star (formerly the Thunder 9) bacon cheddar burger is my favorite.

I had one just last week prior to attending a Mercury game. It is a ritual whenever I see the D-backs, Suns or Mercury.

I don't recall Jeff Majerle ever playing in a regular NBA game for the Suns. He did indeed try to make the Suns roster. Not every one can play in the NBA or rise above a managerial position.

However, a well made bacon cheddar burger says a lot. :)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I don't recall Jeff Majerle ever playing in a regular NBA game for the Suns. He did indeed try to make the Suns roster. Not every one can play in the NBA or rise above a managerial position.

However, a well made bacon cheddar burger says a lot. :)
I think you're right. I remember seeing Jeff on the floor, but that must have been a pre-season game. He did make a few 3-pointers.

So I guess it doesn't count, huh?

On the list of Central Michigan's all-time top 10's, Dan was listed on 7 and Jeff on 3 (all of which were 3-point statistics). So, between them, they were in the top 10 in 10 categories.

Dan was not in any of the 3-point categories. 'Sure changed when he became a starter for the Suns, with the departure of another Jeff, Hornacek.

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040812aab.html

Their burgers are grilled and crispy on the outside and delicious on the inside. And large. Even their shoestring fries are crispy and delicious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're right. I remember seeing Jeff on the floor, but that must have been a pre-season game. He did make a few 3-pointers.

So I guess it doesn't count, huh?

On the list of Central Michigan's all-time top 10's, Dan was listed on 7 and Jeff on 3 (all of which were 3-point statistics). So, between them, they were in the top 10 in 10 categories.

Dan was not in any of the 3-point categories. 'Sure changed when he became a starter for the Suns, with the departure of another Jeff, Hornacek.

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040812aab.html

Their burgers are grilled and crispy on the outside and delicious on the inside. And large. Even their shoestring fries are crispy and delicious.

I know Jeff practiced for the Suns hoping to make the roster but I cannot find any stats for him.

The talk of that burger is making me hungry.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nikoloz Tskitishvili wants another chance in the NBA. He last played for the Suns. This shows how slow the activity is in the NBA.

Other teams have been adding players on make-good contracts for training camps but I can find no activity concerning the Suns. The thought occurs to me that the Suns are likely in a wait and see mode regarding Markieff. If the Suns were to trade him, they would likely have more than one player coming back. Hence the lack of activity. The Suns roster stands at 13.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/c...loz-tskitishvili-wants-redemption-and-another

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nikoloz Tskitishvili wants another chance in the NBA. He last played for the Suns. This shows how slow the activity is in the NBA.

Other teams have been adding players on make-good contracts for training camps but I can find no activity concerning the Suns. The thought occurs to me that the Suns are likely in a wait and see mode regarding Markieff. If the Suns were to trade him, they would likely have more than one player coming back. Hence the lack of activity. The Suns roster stands at 13.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/c...loz-tskitishvili-wants-redemption-and-another

The Suns roster, outside of a potential Markieff trade, is pretty much set. At 13 players, 11 of which are potential rotation guys (that figure does not even include Booker and Lauer) its hard to picture the Suns or potential "make good" free agents being interested in eachother.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns roster, outside of a potential Markieff trade, is pretty much set. At 13 players, 11 of which are potential rotation guys (that figure does not even include Booker and Lauer) its hard to picture the Suns or potential "make good" free agents being interested in eachother.

What you say is true but I would not be surprised if the Suns do not bump their roster up to 14 or 15 with development type players if the Suns trade Markieff. I'm thinking the Suns would want one or two coming back in a trade.

It's interesting for all the question marks about the development of Archie Goodwin, he just turns 21.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an odd move. Just a training camp deal?

This is probably a make-good contract but he has talent. Also he is a bit of an unknown since he played the last three seasons overseas. My thinking is he will be competing for a SG spot although when he came out of college there was some thought he could play PG in the NBA. Maybe he is a camp body or a D-league prospect but I can also see the Suns might look at him as insurance if they trade a guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just what we needed - a fourth guy for our non-existent slot...

The Suns have two slots open as they have only have 13 players on guaranteed contracts. What surprises me the most is the Suns are bringing in another SG to compete with Weems, Goodwin and Booker who are coming off the bench. Also the Suns might bring over SG Bogdan Bogdanovic for the 2016-17 season. Why so many guards unless the Suns are considering trading one? Anyway, just a thought.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
According to the president of the Basketball Federation of Ukraine, Mikhail Brodsky, Len has promised to defend the colors of the team next year, but now it is important to approach the new season without injury and in good shape because of its games will depend on the signing of a new five-year contract with the "Phoenix".

Lol if he's willing to sacrifice playing for his national team to get a new contract with the Suns then he better sacrifice playing for his national team for the duration of the contract as well.

Suns should have it in his contract that he's not allowed to play for his national team until he can prove himself to not be fragile in the NBA itself first.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
suns should bring back Wright as the third string center

Errntknght

Reaction score
The Suns have two slots open as they have only have 13 players on guaranteed contracts. What surprises me the most is the Suns are bringing in another SG to compete with Weems, Goodwin and Booker who are coming off the bench. Also the Suns might bring over SG Bogdan Bogdanovic for the 2016-17 season. Why so many guards unless the Suns are considering trading one? Anyway, just a thought.

I wasn't thinking of a roster slot... I meant our SG slot

Errntknght

Reaction score
suns should bring back Wright as the third string center

Wright signed on with another team fairly early in free agency. I don't know that the Suns made much effort to retain him - they were focuses on Aldridge at the time.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol if he's willing to sacrifice playing for his national team to get a new contract with the Suns then he better sacrifice playing for his national team for the duration of the contract as well.

Suns should have it in his contract that he's not allowed to play for his national team until he can prove himself to not be fragile in the NBA itself first.

Should I be more convinced now that you've said it again with no new line of argument, again?

It's just not going to happen - nearly one third of the NbA is foreign. One third. Think about the ramifications of your logic with that number in mind and see where it gets you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Should I be more convinced now that you've said it again with no new line of argument, again?

It's just not going to happen - nearly one third of the NbA is foreign. One third. Think about the ramifications of your logic with that number in mind and see where it gets you.

I'm not sure that your numbers really matter. The NBA has a problem here but it's not just about how many players there are from foreign nations.

Foreign players create revenue for the league by increasing international interest in the NBA. It's almost always in the best interest of the player (performance-wise) to not play international ball. And it's in the best interest of the team too. But it's not really in the league's best interest and that's why there's been no resolution.

I can solve it. Each player has to have a designated backup from their National team (subject to NBA team approval). If our player gets injured or wears down during the season due to international play, the NBA team can then call up this player from his home club. All monies earned during this period are then transferred to the backup player.

Okay, I can't solve it either. I think we're just stuck with the current system. Case by case.