Tea

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I was recently introduced to the world of loose leaf tea and have come to enjoy trying new teas and mixing favorite types together. A mug of tea now has a place on my desk.

Just curiously, anyone else have an interest in tea?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive tried some teas that were good but then it became a hassle to make and I went back to water.

Reaction score
I drink 2 of these every morning. Once in a while I'll drink 3.

Attachments

• 41Sk6zuyhuL._SX425_.jpg
    41Sk6zuyhuL._SX425_.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 99

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like my tea just like my men. Cold & bitter.
ftfm.

:)

Tea, sometimes water, and sometimes cashew or almond milk is all I ever drink. Don't drink soda (unless it's Fresca mixed with alcohol, lol).

I like a little tea with my ice. Straight up, no lemon, no sugar.

Sometimes I can go for hot tea, but have never been into loose leaf tea. I do, however, like honey in hot tea.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was recently introduced to the world of loose leaf tea and have come to enjoy trying new teas and mixing favorite types together. A mug of tea now has a place on my desk.

Just curiously, anyone else have an interest in tea?
I waffle between bagged and loose. Teavana has some cool concoctions, but they can get pricey. Though with the tins you can get it in, I think it can last a few months or year.

There are some other tea shops around. I think there's one at Tempe market place.. Not sure if Duck n Decanter is still open.

I rarely drink bottled tea as most of it is 'instant' tea. Or has crap added.

Einstein's used to have a green tea, ginsing, honey mix that was amazing, but they no longer have it.

As for bagged, I've always liked Stash, but it's becoming hard to find. The Moroccan mint is my favorite.

The yogi peach detox (bagged) is by far the worst tea I've ever drank. It's like liquid fart.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I waffle between bagged and loose. Teavana has some cool concoctions, but they can get pricey. Though with the tins you can get it in, I think it can last a few months or year.

I've gone the Teavana route, it is pricey but, for right now, totally worth it.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
ftfm.

:)

Tea, sometimes water, and sometimes cashew or almond milk is all I ever drink. Don't drink soda (unless it's Fresca mixed with alcohol, lol).

I like a little tea with my ice. Straight up, no lemon, no sugar.

Sometimes I can go for hot tea, but have never been into loose leaf tea. I do, however, like honey in hot tea.

Same. Dumped soda, it's now water, black coffee, or home brewed tea. A little Arnold Palmer is an occasional guilty treasure.

I really like loose leaf tea. I keep one a thermos with a tea ball; it's awesome.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have lowered my soda consumption by a lot and replaced it with tea. Love QT's unsweetened ice teas a lot. Love hot tea too but more so in the winter.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I have lowered my soda consumption by a lot and replaced it with tea. Love QT's unsweetened ice teas a lot. Love hot tea too but more so in the winter.

Pineapple Papaya is good. If you have a Samurai Sams near your work, they have this unsweetened blackberry jasmine tea that is awesome.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love me some sweet tea from Chick fil a. Can only have it every once in awhile because there has to be tons of sugar in it

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love me some sweet tea from Chick fil a. Can only have it every once in awhile because there has to be tons of sugar in it

I like the sweet tea at Culver's.

Come to think of it, I like pretty much everything at Culver's.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought myself an iced tea maker on Amazon earlier this month. Not sure why I didn't do it sooner.

Chipotle's iced tea is my hands down favorite tea, and the company that makes it (S&D Tea) sells their stuff on Amazon, so I got some of that, too.

I have dramatically cut down on my soda consumption and have replaced it with unsweetened iced tea. Don't really miss soda all that much.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought myself an iced tea maker on Amazon earlier this month. Not sure why I didn't do it sooner.

Chipotle's iced tea is my hands down favorite tea, and the company that makes it (S&D Tea) sells their stuff on Amazon, so I got some of that, too.

I have dramatically cut down on my soda consumption and have replaced it with unsweetened iced tea. Don't really miss soda all that much.
I dropped soda years ago to where now it is just a treat i have like once a week. I am always tempted to start drinking tea but it is soooo much better with sugar so I end up just sticking with water.

I bought a cold water machine for my house, best investment ever. The entire family drinks a TON of water now and we buy almost nothing else to drink.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dropped soda years ago to where now it is just a treat i have like once a week. I am always tempted to start drinking tea but it is soooo much better with sugar so I end up just sticking with water.

I bought a cold water machine for my house, best investment ever. The entire family drinks a TON of water now and we buy almost nothing else to drink.

I used to get arrowhead delivered in the 5 gallon jugs...absolutely loved it...always fresh, always cold, always refreshing..... never drank so much water as I did during those few years. Now I buy it by the case....go through 3 to 5 cases of Dasani a week.. love that stuff

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to get arrowhead delivered in the 5 gallon jugs...absolutely loved it...always fresh, always cold, always refreshing..... never drank so much water as I did during those few years. Now I buy it by the case....go through 3 to 5 cases of Dasani a week.. love that stuff
Tire to get a new one those cases add up to lots more

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Tire to get a new one those cases add up to lots more

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would if I could. I live too far out in the sticks for water delivery... the cases aint too bad,...I get them between 3.50 and 5 bucks each depending on where I get them.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would if I could. I live too far out in the sticks for water delivery... the cases aint too bad,...I get them between 3.50 and 5 bucks each depending on where I get them.
I take my jugs to the grocery and fill them myself but honestly that just means half of the month I have no water because I keep forgetting the jugs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I take my jugs to the grocery and fill them myself but honestly that just means half of the month I have no water because I keep forgetting the jugs.

lol... yeah...I used to do that at the "water n' Ice" store...and the next thing I knew I had six 3 gallon refer jugs and about 25 1 gallon jugs.....always forgot those damned things.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
back on topic....

I have been looking into Kratom Tea...supposed to do some nice things for a person...anyone here try it?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose