"Uni Watch" ranks Arizona Cardinals' uniforms near bottom of NFL

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Uni Watch" ranks Arizona Cardinals' uniforms near bottom of NFL

http://www.abc15.com//sports/sports...2&spJobID=562079563&spReportId=NTYyMDc5NTYzS0

Lukas ranked the Cards' duds 30th among all 32 NFL teams in his "Uni Watch" column for ESPN on Thursday.

"Ugh -- where do we start?" said Lukas, noting his disapproval for the team's "absurd pants piping" and "silly underarm striping." He also doesn't approve of the Cardinals' "unnecessary" alternate black uniform.

Lukas briefly paused during his lament to praise the Cardinals' helmet, noting it's "really nice when viewed in isolation," but said the helmet doesn't work with the rest of the ensemble "because it's an old-school design that looks out of place with the rest of the uniform's new-school details."

Lukas concluded by calling Arizona's unis "a mess from top to bottom."

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the black Uni for wearing personally but I hate them on the field. I feel like if they make the numbers red I would like them a lot more.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Who are 31 and 32?

One assumes Tampa and Jacksonville.

The helmet looks great by itself; looks okay on the whole uniform. IMO, the Cards' current Unis are pretty non-descript. There isn't much to differentiate it from the Falcons jerseys.

I'd be tickled if the Cards went back to the old white-on-red outfits and the AZ flag road unis.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always hated the horn looking piping that NFL teams started to adopt (starting with the late 90s Broncos). Our white jersey looks especially silly with its red shoulders and sides.

Simple is better, we've got a nice simple color scheme that is mangled by a bunch of absurd paneling.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any poll which does not list Tampa in the 32 spot loses all credibility with me.

Their unis are disgusting, no doubt. They used to look really good! I wonder what the shortest time a team has kept one look, I'd think they're going to move on from those disasters soon. They're hideous and they also somehow look dated.

But the bottom spot was given to Jacksonville, and I agree with that call. Their helmet looks like someone ran out of paint.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
that lukas fella is obviously without class, sense, or taste...who did ya say he was again?

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Paul's a friend of mine. That being said, he and I rarely agree on these types of things.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would rank the top ones:

You must be registered for see images attach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, Edgerin James said the Cards uni's were one reason he wanted to sign with the team, so that's good enough for me. Not great, but could be way worse.

Attachments

• fridge-monarchs.jpg
    fridge-monarchs.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 196

chickenhead

Reaction score
"First, the [Bears] helmet logo is starting to feel a bit dated."

Huh?

As for the Cards, I wouldn't rank them that low, but more in the middle with all the uniforms that are sort of...rankless. As I've said in most uniform threads, I really liked the Edge-era double-striped pants. And I like the all-whites along with many here. But I do agree with Lukas that the helmet doesn't really match the uniform--and I'd rather the uniform match the helmet than the other way around.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When they had the old cardinal, that kind of sucked. The new "mean" cardinal is fine. I'm OK with the unis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson