Padres vs Dbacks Series Thread

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Wow... What a pair of bad breaks on Peralta's hit and Penny's line drive... Damn!!!

Amen. I couldn't figure out how you posted that so fast and then realized by DVR was about a minute behind. I said, jeez, 82 is good!!!!

AZ Native

Reaction score
When we get 5 starters better than Josh and he is put back as the long reliever and Delgado is thrown in the mix and we actually have a closer, this team could start coming together.

AZ Native

Reaction score
My wife is a huge fan of Randall Enrique Delgado. Her father's name was Enrique Delgado.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Friggin Upton... Delgado left in one inning too long... Dammit! [emoji35]
Steve said it, too. Once he gets over 30 pitches (even though he was once a starter and is now long relief), Delgado loses his effectiveness.

Maybe his glasses fog up. :)

AZ Native

Reaction score
Chase has 10 runs of support in 6 starts. His time will come.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats the 2nd time this year a base runner stole 2nd in a critical spot while Goldy was up... which in turn led to Goldy getting walked. Hale is obviously learning on the job but he needs to get those situations under control. All it takes is a signal from the dugout to let the runner know "DON'T STEAL!!!"

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the 2nd time this year a base runner stole 2nd in a critical spot while Goldy was up... which in turn led to Goldy getting walked. Hale is obviously learning on the job but he needs to get those situations under control. All it takes is a signal from the dugout to let the runner know "DON'T STEAL!!!"

Yup I know the thinking is to get that runner in scoring position so if goldy gets a hit he scores but they're just gonna walk him

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yup I know the thinking is to get that runner in scoring position so if goldy gets a hit he scores but they're just gonna walk him

Even with a runner at first, they will still pitch around him... We desperately need a legit threat behind Goldy in order to stop this nonsense...

AZ Native

Reaction score
Good luck Huddy!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DBX get the split and get a win win only scoring two runs

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge win today. Great pitching and clutch hitting. These are the games that the Dbacks have to win. Reed actually looked strong closing it out

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
A rarity for sure... I missed the game today - why did Hudson only go 3 and a third?
Hudson has been in the bullpen as he works his way back. Chip designated the game as bullpen by committee and it worked well. Even Reed came through to close the game.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Great game tonight. Just got home. Nice to just blast another team - especially coming off of the double-header in Colorado. Was worried about a letdown.

I wish we had never changed from the original colors. HORRIBLE decision, IMHO.

Wife and I only wear the original colors to the games and refuse to purchase anything in Sedona Red. Love these Throwback Thursday games.

My wife got free tickets, so I took my son. This was the first game I've been to in years. What a game!

Loved the jerseys. I was shocked when I saw the purple when we walked in. I felt like I was back in the early 2000s when I was a big fan. I too only have gear from the purple era.

During the game I told my 15 year-old son all about the 2001 world series. He couldn't believe it.

I think I may need to jump back into baseball. I lost interest during the steroid era when it kept dragging on and on.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

How is it effectively any different though? If you don't want to pitch to Goldschmidt either way, you end up walking him and putting a man on 1st and 2nd.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is it effectively any different though? If you don't want to pitch to Goldschmidt either way, you end up walking him and putting a man on 1st and 2nd.

Strategically there is a huge difference between pitching to a big hitter with a runner on 1st, and pitching to one with a runner on second and 1st base open. Once 1st is open and the runner is already in scoring position they'd be fools to pitch to him. While if the runner is on 1st they are looking at force outs and an extra base hit being required to score the run.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Strategically there is a huge difference between pitching to a big hitter with a runner on 1st, and pitching to one with a runner on second and 1st base open. Once 1st is open and the runner is already in scoring position they'd be fools to pitch to him. While if the runner is on 1st they are looking at force outs and an extra base hit being required to score the run.

True, but we are talking the Goldy Rules here. He still wouldn't get anything decent to hit even if the walk was not "intentional".

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
True, but we are talking the Goldy Rules here. He still wouldn't get anything decent to hit even if the walk was not "intentional".
If they are pitching around Goldie, he has a chance of getting a pitch closer than expected.

If they are intentionally walking him, the chance is nil.

There is a difference.

I still believe you don't steal 2B with Goldie up, no matter how much of a jump you can get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen