OT - Report concludes Patriots probably cheated, Brady aware

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, will the NFL have the balls to suspend Brady?

IMHO, this is far worse than smoking weed.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive been reading the text messages, it was 100% between Brady and the ball boys and 100% done on purpose. Brady was even hooking the ballboy up with autographed merch and etc for doing it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying and it’s only cheating if you get caught." - Jim Rome

Just another reason to root against the Pats. Like I needed another reason.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I love this kind of cheating in sports. It makes the games so much more interesting but when you get caught you gotta be punished.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NFL has found that it is probable that the New England Patriots deliberately deflated balls during the AFC Championship Game in January and that quarterback Tom Brady was "generally aware" of what was happening.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...-new-england-patriots-probably-deflated-balls

Agreed. This impacts the integrity of the game. Let's also not forget this is not the first time the Patriots have been involved in this type of thing.

So, will the NFL have the balls to suspend Brady?

If the NFL hand any balls yes and they would take away future 1st round draft picks to send a strong message to the organization who has been caught now in multiple incidents.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agreed. This impacts the integrity of the game. Let's also not forget this is not the first time the Patriots have been involved in this type of thing.

If the NFL hand any balls yes and they would take away future 1st round draft picks to send a strong message to the organization who has been caught now in multiple incidents.

If as the reports are saying Brady knew then suspend him without pay for part of the season and fine the Patriots.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably? What's up with that?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This wasn't just a game. It was the AFC Championship game!
My ruling
Patriots lose their 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2016 draft
Tom Brady is suspended 2 games
Owner is fined $100,000
Coach B - not sure what should be done - can't tell how involved (if at all) he was.

I know they won't, but they should forfeit that game and the super bowl trophy.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If he was cheating, that is the game itself and he should have the book thrown at him... two games for cheating is hardly enough, any other player would get a whole season suspension and in some sports never allowed to play again

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brady should get 4 games and more importantly, Bellicheck should get a full season for lack of institutional control. If they booted out the Saints coach who was apparently unaware of Bountygate because it was on his watch, Bellicheck should get the boot as well for at least a year considering this is his team's second cheating offense.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This wasn't just a game. It was the AFC Championship game!
My ruling
Patriots lose their 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2016 draft
Tom Brady is suspended 2 games
Owner is fined $100,000
Coach B - not sure what should be done - can't tell how involved (if at all) he was.

I know they won't, but they should forfeit that game and the super bowl trophy.
Disagree with forfeiting the game, it was not THAT kind of cheating.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Disagree with forfeiting the game, it was not THAT kind of cheating.

I got no problem with your assessment.

If you were in charge...what would your punishment be?

Re: deflated footballs. I throw the football almost every day with my son. We spoke about this yesterday. We slightly deflated the ball and tossed it around then we filled it up and threw it around. He said, "It's much easier to catch when it's deflated. It's also easier to throw it." I said, "Yep" he replied, "Then that's why they cheated...it makes it easier for them." I added, "You also have better grip when running with it so you are less likely to fumble it."

Even a 9 year old can sum it up perfectly.

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Yeah and OJ probably killed his ex wife and her boyfriend. When you start throwing in words like probably, you can't do much about it.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A report that says it's "probable" that NE employees deflated the balls in question and it's "probable" that Brady was "at least generally aware" means to me they could PROVE nothing.

It's "probable" that there are numerous teams cheating to one degree or another. It's "probable" that some players use substances and get away with it too.

After 4 months, all of those pages and money spent they couldn't come up with an honest "I don't have a clue what really happened."

This was another cluster fornication about something they couldn't even prove. But, somebody will be fined, suspended, fired or whatever on "probable" guilt.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I don't think any punishment is merited on a "probable" result. If there was a time to jump on it, it would have been 4 months ago and it would already be over and done with.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got no problem with your assessment.

If you were in charge...what would your punishment be?

Re: deflated footballs. I throw the football almost every day with my son. We spoke about this yesterday. We slightly deflated the ball and tossed it around then we filled it up and threw it around. He said, "It's much easier to catch when it's deflated. It's also easier to throw it." I said, "Yep" he replied, "Then that's why they cheated...it makes it easier for them." I added, "You also have better grip when running with it so you are less likely to fumble it."

Even a 9 year old can sum it up perfectly.

And after they re-inflated the balls at half time, Brady went 12 for 14 - 131 yards - 2 tds.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this seems too hilarious to be true. lol

You must be registered for see images attach

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doesn't the NFL bend over backwards to appease Brady and Manning?

In other totally unrelated news, the NFL announced a new rule today that teams are now allowed to use game balls at whatever pressure they want. But it's definitely NOT being called the Brady rule or anything like that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If as the reports are saying Brady knew then suspend him without pay for part of the season and fine the Patriots.

Fining isn't a deterent if history proves anything. Teams and player don't care about fines. If you take draft picks from the team that has a lasting impact and sends a much stronger message.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably? What's up with that?

"probably" and "generally aware". Not exactly conclusive.

BTW, this McNally guy will not be working for the Pats next year and most likely will sue Brady and the Pats when they can his ass.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave