Good news for... DWash?

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m
What’s it mean? Players suspended in 2014 league year get new standards. If approved, Welker & Scandrick play Sun. Gordon more complicated
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m
From @AlbertBreer & me: Retroactive suspensions has not been divisive for potential new policy. If deal approved, new standards would apply
Expand

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubt it affects him and even if it did then he will have to serve his domestic suspension as well… He won't be playing this year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubt it affects him and even if it did then he will have to serve his domestic suspension as well… He won't be playing this year.

no but he could be in the clear 100% for next year and be some serious trade bait.

Although, if the NFL relaxes on pot and lets him smoke, I would no longer want to trade him.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How is Josh Gordon more complicated???? They can agree on changing amphetamine policy but not marijuana??? Unreal. The kid had next to nothing in his system. This country continues to live by asinine policies regarding marijuana.

I am telling you guys, this has a lot more to do with the feds and the NFL's anti-trust exemption than will ever be said.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yea great news if he can come back early and just in time to get the book thrown at him for his domestic violence charge in the wake of the Rice disaster.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
How is Josh Gordon more complicated???? They can agree on changing amphetamine policy but not marijuana??? Unreal. The kid had next to nothing in his system. This country continues to live by asinine policies regarding marijuana.

I am telling you guys, this has a lot more to do with the feds and the NFL's anti-trust exemption than will ever be said.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the number of times failed and where they were in the program. If nothing else, NFL has showed that they come down much harder on repeat offenders.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dwash is a three time loser and subject to a 1-year ban.

He missed appointments for testing.

The new threshold for a positive test is thus irrelevant in his case.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dwash is a three time loser and subject to a 1-year ban.

He missed appointments for testing.

The new threshold for a positive test is thus irrelevant in his case.

This, if Washington missed his tests. I don't remember if that was the case, but you seem pretty certain of this so I will go with it.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This, if Washington missed his tests. I don't remember if that was the case, but you seem pretty certain of this so I will go with it.

Gordon's THC count was low enough to argue, and his other sample passed somehow if I remember correctly. D-Wash did n't even contribute a sample, so I doubt there would be any legal grounds to "piss" on because he didn't even follow the program's protocol.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Agree mostly. They don't want to deal with trafficking laws either--guys taking it on planes and across state lines etc. It's legal in some states and not in others and creates a headache for the league and individual teams.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Why bother with him? Drugs and spouse abuse.He had his chances and he screwed up.Good bye and good riddance.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He isnt going any where this year.....

Fuming over the yearlong suspension of Daryl Washington for another violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, the Arizona Cardinals seem prepared to challenge the player's right to some of the $10 million option bonus they recently activated.
[+] Enlarge
Mark J. Rebilas/USA TODAY SportsThe Cardinals will put Daryl Washington on the reserve-suspended list, according to sources.
A source within the organization told ESPN that none of that money has actually been paid to Washington and conceded that one of the reasons the team won't consider releasing him is because it might no longer be entitled to keep a portion of that money.
When the Cardinals activated the option on Washington's contract in March, they committed $10 million to the team's most dynamic front-seven player in equal $5 million installments. Sources within the organization say that Washington will be placed on the reserve-suspended list after a positive drug test the player says was for using marijuana.
Washington's suspension will cost the Cardinals linebacker $6.5 million between now and December in forfeited bonus and salary.
He was suspended for four games last season as well.
Sources say there are two reasons the Cardinals won't cut Washington yet: His cap acceleration would be approximately $7.5 million, and they would not be entitled to recover some of the aforementioned $10 million option bonus -- none of which has been paid at this point. So rather than attempt to force Washington to repay the money, the Cardinals are prepared to argue they shouldn't have to pay him in the first place.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11019921/arizona-cardinals-cut-daryl-washington-yet-bonus-dispute

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA