Phoenix Suns announcer Tom Chambers arrested for DUI

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns announcer Tom Chambers arrested for DUI

http://ktar.com/22/1684434/Phoenix-Suns-announcer-Tom-Chambers-arrested-for-DUI

A Phoenix Suns broadcaster was arrested Saturday and charged with DUI, a police report said.

Tom Chambers was driving in north Scottsdale about 9:45 p.m. Saturday when his vehicle was allegedly spotted swerving into both the bicycle and other lanes.

After being pulled over, Chambers told officers he had a few drinks at the Pac-12 Championship Game between Arizona State University and Stanford. Chambers had a passenger in the vehicle and two opened bottles of beer were found in the vehicle.

The report said that Chambers was belligerent and refused a field sobriety test. He was arrested, booked on several charges and released pending the outcome of a blood test.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that sucks. Glad he didn't kill himself or anyone else on the road.

Not a Suns fan, but I always liked TC.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Geez..what is it with Phoenix area sports announcers. First Mark Grace, now Chambers.

Wolfley better just put the bottle down now and walk home...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Not a Suns fan, but I always liked TC.
First his scruffy image with the untrimmed goatee -- no more all-American boy look. Now this. It is disappointing!

Drinking at a ball game is one thing. Drinking while driving is inexcusable.

I always keep a six-pack of Michelob Ultra bottles in the fridge to grab one with take-out pizza. Good stuff!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn...I like Chambers. Can't stand the Suns announcers team, but Chambers is pretty good.

However, I can't condone this...too smart for that, and rolling open container? Ouch.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
These guys are just morons both in retirement and during the heyday. Get a freaking Uber, some of us who have far less money than they do take them everywhere when drinking. Average DUI sets you back 10k, you know how many cab fares that is?

For those asking about Uber feel free to use my Uber code, 2ahmu, and get $10 off your first Uber ride. You can redeem it at uber.com/invite/2ahmu.

Sorry for the plug but it's seriously an amazing service especially when we're all doing drinking a bit over the holidays and thought this thread would be best fit.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
This might be the most disappointing thread in quite some time.

Agreed. What gets me the most is the open bottles in the car. Seriously?

I'm sure most of us have had a few beers and driven home at some point in our lives. (I'm crazy paranoid though and will only drink a beer early, before the meal.) But driving with open bottles? Just dumb dumb dumb. I'm sure these guys can afford a cab. I just don't get it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Agreed. What gets me the most is the open bottles in the car. Seriously?

I'm sure most of us have had a few beers and driven home at some point in our lives. (I'm crazy paranoid though and will only drink a beer early, before the meal.) But driving with open bottles? Just dumb dumb dumb. I'm sure these guys can afford a cab. I just don't get it.

Yep, driving around with open containers is a pretty good sign this isn't the first time.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
This is so typical of the internet and especially Suns related conversations.

Whenever there is something negative to talk about posters are eager to make comments on situations they know very little about.

I don't know Tom Chambers but he appears to be a pretty a good guy. I expect he has done far more good than bad in his life. He obviously has made a mistake. I expect we all have at some point. Let it rest.

Why not devote more effort to talking about our overachieving Suns team?

That's right, that would be a positive conversation. No fun at all.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

Whenever there is something negative to talk about posters are eager to make comments on situations they know very little about.

I don't know Tom Chambers but he appears to be a pretty a good guy. I expect he has done far more good than bad in his life. He obviously has made a mistake. I expect we all have at some point. Let it rest.

What the heck are you talking about? There have been plenty of positive Suns threads lately. I'm not disputing that he's a good guy. But it seems like he's made a pretty massive mistake.

It's news (although crappy) related to the Suns. And this is a Suns forum. I don't know what the issue is.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck are you talking about? There have been plenty of positive Suns threads lately. I'm not disputing that he's a good guy. But it seems like he's made a pretty massive mistake.

It's news (although crappy) related to the Suns. And this is a Suns forum. I don't know what the issue is.

On top of that - if you don't like a thread's subject just move along and don't read or post in it. Simple enough.

Many people on here either A. Like Tom Chambers or B. Have been affected by a drunk driver at some point in their real life or C. Both A and B.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michelob Ultra ... WTH? You can get drunk on that?

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Funny, he didn't mention anything about this at the Cardinals game Sunday. I sat next to him. I like Chambers but this is pretty disappointing.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Yeah we should just give Chambers a free pass on putting people's lives in danger by being an irresponsible drunken idiot because the Suns are 3 games over .500

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure why people are disappointed. He's a past suns player and halftime analyst...that's it. Other than that he's just like the other douches driving under some type of influence out there. He should be lucky he hasn't killed himself or anyone else this far. Getting caught means this had been an ongoing issue for some time. It was just a matter of time.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Funny, he didn't mention anything about this at the Cardinals game Sunday. I sat next to him. I like Chambers but this is pretty disappointing.

Why would he? I'm sure he's not proud of it.

By all accounts, he's a great guy. I hope it's a wake up call for him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not sure why people are disappointed. He's a past suns player and halftime analyst...that's it. Other than that he's just like the other douches driving under some type of influence out there. He should be lucky he hasn't killed himself or anyone else this far. Getting caught means this had been an ongoing issue for some time. It was just a matter of time.

What a strange thing to say. I got caught a couple weeks ago talking on my cell phone and got a ticket. But I usually do not do that, I just happened to do it that one day because it was literally right after I left the garage of my work building.

What he did was stupid and disappointing, but to say that getting caught means it's been happening for a long time is far-fetched. In fact, it's completely possible that he hasn't had the issue and this time he drank too much but was so unfamiliar with the feeling that he didn't realize he was too drunk to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen