Horrendous Officiating at the game

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Umm it could have made a huge difference. They got calls that helped extend their drives and we got no calls till late when it didn't make a difference. Terrible officiating !

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
bad officiating but that is not why we lost. we lost because we are not a good football team.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Just kills me how some fans want to point the finger at things other than your team isn't good enough. The refs sucked, but our team sucked worse...welcome to reality.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just kills me how some fans want to point the finger at things other than your team isn't good enough. The refs sucked, but our team sucked worse...welcome to reality.

Exactly how is this pointing the finger at other things? The team sucked out loud. The refs weren't any better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Over-shadowed by the horrific offensive line, which is truly offensive.

Yea, yea, injuries, Levi left, undrafted right...this IS Steve K. and Bruce A. and Mikey B.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I don't think it was so much the officiating, as the db's getting away with a lot of holding and pass interferences that they disguise very well and are sneaky.

Most of the time they do it where they know the refs won't see it.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seattle could've been called for PI on a lot of plays & the refs let them play dirty until the game was out of reach & then gave AZ some calls to make the final penalty #s look better.

I thought the 1st INT by Seattle could have had PI called 2x... he grabbed & held Fitz as he started to streak past and then had contact with Fitz before the ball got there & never looked back for the ball.

Seattle's O-Line was hooking & spinning guys all night without getting called for holding. The also took a lot of cheap shots on our guys without it being called.

The Cards played pretty poorly at times... and pretty decently at times, but the officiating had a huge impact on the game.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
How about the facemask on palmer that ended a drive while we were still down 7 i believe that call would have put us in Sea territory

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about the facemask on palmer that ended a drive while we were still down 7 i believe that call would have put us in Sea territory

That was a potential game changing non-call.

Of course, Palmer was just as likely to have thrown a pick-six on next play...

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They may have called more PI on the Cards...IF the secondary could get close enough to hit/hold a receiver downfield...

Some bad calls/no calls but NFL refereeing is pretty bad across the board. But, it didn't really have anything to do with the outcome last night.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrendous both ways. Honey got away with a hold and a PI on the same play on the bomb to Rice.

The obvious facemask sack on Palmer that wasn't called. the PI against Roberts and another one against Floyd uncalled but we had a couple of our own.

The one that angered me the most was the run play where Lynch ran over Dockett, one of our interior OL's was literally tackled, like a UFC takedown, allowing Lynch to get to where he ran over dockett. They kept replaying it and not once did the announcers comment on the clear hold.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that one BLEW me away. People get fouls just for touching a QBs head but seattle can rip our QBs head off and its all good.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree about the bad calls. It seemed to me that the officials consistently made "make up" calls to make up for earlier bogus calls (or non-calls).

Plus - aside from the correctness or bogosity of the calls, it seemed as if red flags and zebra-conferences after too many plays added at least a half-hour to the entire length of the game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
In the first quarter, I noted to my dad that the refs were keeping their flags in their pockets for this game.

Went both ways.

I have no problem with the officiating as long as it's consistent to both sides. This one seemed consistent to me. It was a shame that our defensive secondary couldn't recognize that the refs were allowing rough play and capitalize on it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You don't get calls when your team is a steaming pile of crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard