Bottom of the Barrel HC search (2013 Resurrect thread)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it.

Arizona and Jacksonville are only 2 left still looking ( Greg Roman is leading rumor there )

Seems every vacancy goes to an Offensive guy. John Fox just reinforced that theory about Defensive guys playing scared.

KC Chiefs - Andy Reid HC/OC background
Buffalo Bills - Doug Marrone HC/OC background
San Diego Chargers - Mike McCoy OC background
Cleveland Browns - Rob Chudzinski OC background
Philadelphia Eagles - Chip Kelly OC background
Chicago Bears - Marc Trestman OC background
Jacksonville Jaguars - Vacant
Arizona Cardinals - Vacant

Anything worthwhile at the bottom of that barrel?

10 defensive coaches and 20 Offensive coaches working as HCs in NFL.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a new HC you have already reached the bottom of the barrel.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The word around the NFL is that the Cardinal ownership looks to have reverted back to its old ways. Apparently, coaches around the league cannot believe what went down with Whisenhunt. Quote "How can a franchise that seldom even sniffs the playoffs fire a guy who's won 4 playoff games with them & came within seconds of winning a SB". It seems to be common knowledge that Whiz went to the FO right after the SB & said he had no confidence in Leinart being the QBOF & they needed to aggressively pursue a QB to follow Warner asap. He was flat out denied. Coaching candidates are very leery of the Cardinal ownership. They've lost trust that M Bidwill will run this franchise any differently than B Bidwill.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The word around the NFL is that the Cardinal ownership looks to have reverted back to its old ways. Apparently, coaches around the league cannot believe what went down with Whisenhunt. Quote "How can a franchise that seldom even sniffs the playoffs fire a guy who's won 4 playoff games with them & came within seconds of winning a SB". It seems to be common knowledge that Whiz went to the FO right after the SB & said he had no confidence in Leinart being the QBOF & they needed to aggressively pursue a QB to follow Warner asap. He was flat out denied. Coaching candidates are very leery of the Cardinal ownership. They've lost trust that M Bidwill will run this franchise any differently than B Bidwill.
Link or stink?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

If this was the case Whis would have been hired right off the bat. He wasn't. He's got some questions.

And he's had plenty of imput on the drafts. He could have gotten some QB's sooner than he did.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Next up: reverse auction on eBay.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this was the case Whis would have been hired right off the bat. He wasn't. He's got some questions.

And he's had plenty of imput on the drafts. He could have gotten some QB's sooner than he did.

Whiz is being paid well this year & wouldn't coach unless the situation was 100% to his liking. He'll be back. Family time.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow. Another rumor with no back-up. What is this board coming to?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You got articles to back your theory up or is this just all heresy and conjecture?

The fact Ken Whisenhunt remains on the outside looking in when 6 of the 8 available jobs were filled by offensive guys, two were college coaches and one was a freaking CFL coach whom has been out of the NFL for years only reaffirms my belief the Cardinals made the right decision.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got articles to back your theory up or is this just all heresy and conjuncture.

The fact Ken Whisenhunt remains on the outside looking in when 6 of the 8 available jobs were filled by offensive guys, two were college coaches and one was a freaking CFL coach whom has been out of the NFL for years only reaffirms my belief the Cardinals made the right decision.

Only the Chiefs hired a just fired HC. No one has touched any of the rest for their HC job.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Source?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

If Whiz is so good, how are we in this situation ?

If Whiz is so good, why isn't he re-hired already

If Whiz is so good, then how to you have 6,7 and 9 game losing streaks ?

If Whiz is so good, explain the offensive line.

You cannot perform that poorly at ANY job and expect to keep it.

Just sayin'

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Damn it.

Arizona and Jacksonville are only 2 left still looking ( Greg Roman is leading rumor there )

Seems every vacancy goes to an Offensive guy. John Fox just reinforced that theory about Defensive guys playing scared.

KC Chiefs - Andy Reid HC/OC background
Buffalo Bills - Doug Marrone HC/OC background
San Diego Chargers - Mike McCoy OC background
Cleveland Browns - Rob Chudzinski OC background
Philadelphia Eagles - Chip Kelly OC background
Chicago Bears - Marc Trestman OC background
Jacksonville Jaguars - Vacant
Arizona Cardinals - Vacant

Anything worthwhile at the bottom of that barrel?

10 defensive coaches and 20 Offensive coaches working as HCs in NFL.

Agreed on all points.

But the Cardinals only missed out on one coach this offseason......actually I am wrong, I think Trestman was scheduled for an interview.

But, McCoy is the only guy that we didn't get that the front office wanted, based on what I have read in the media, etc., etc.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You got articles to back your theory up or is this just all heresy and conjuncture.

There are no links or quotes, and I PRAY their won't be. Most people in the know are politically correct enough to keep comments of that nature under wrap. My career has afforded me the opportunity to develop some colleagues inside the world of Sports. I'll leave it at that & everyone can form their own opinions. I've already said too much.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But, McCoy is the only guy that we didn't get that the front office wanted, based on what I have read in the media, etc., etc.

That's my point. How can they be that out of sync with the rest of the NFL? A history of brilliance is not the answer, I think.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There are no links or quotes, and I PRAY their won't be. Most people in the know are politically correct enough to keep comments of that nature under wrap. My career has afforded me the opportunity to develop some colleagues inside the world of Sports. I'll leave it at that & everyone can form their own opinions. I've already said too much.

Well these people weren't politically correct if they shared this information with you then because they didn't keep it under wraps and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate their opinion being shared on a message board.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So it's stink...got it.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Besides it is to everyone;s benefit outside of Arizona to tout the idea that the Cards are reverting to their old form, whether it be true or not. It is true not only of the coaches but making their pusuit of free agents more costly at the same time.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

complete and utter :biglaugh:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiz is being paid well this year & wouldn't coach unless the situation was 100% to his liking.

if he was everything you say he is and everything you say the NFL believes he is, 1 out of 7 teams would have made sure he'd have gotten 100% to his liking.

He'll be back. Family time.

lol... okay. This will ONLY be true if he doesn't coach at all this year. If he takes an OC job, what will have happened to family time then?