So, exactly what is the standard for Whiz & DA?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I keep seeing the hystrionics from so many on this board, claiming Whiz has gone too far. He's screwed poor 'lil Matty. He ruined the season... and, worst of all, claims of never attending another game or suporting the team so long as DA is the QB... Really? And people wonder why Phoenix fans get such a universal bad rep...

Anyway, I'm wondering what all of you believe to be the standard for Whiz and DA? I mean, I'm assuming that since you all seem to believe that with Matty, we had the division locked and were playoff bound once again (LOL), and with DA, we'll be lucky to beat out the Rams...

But in all seriousness, supposing DA stays healthy the entire season (long shot given the state of our o-line), what is the standard of "success"? What would need to be done in order for all of you to cease with the pulling out of your hair and maybe even take the guns away from your heads? Does DA need to somehow lead the team to the playoffs? Is it 9 wins? 8?? 7?? Does he merely need to beat out the Rams? The Rams & The Hawks??

What is it? :shrug:

FWIW, I said the team would win 9 games this season when I believed Matty would be the QB. As I've said, Whiz feels more confident with DA. So if Whiz feels more confident with DA, so must I... therefore, I will raise my win total from 9 to 10 now that DA is the QB.
number1.gif

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good post! Especially in relation to the fandom!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I keep seeing the hystrionics from so many on this board, claiming Whiz has gone too far. He's screwed poor 'lil Matty. He ruined the season... and, worst of all, claims of never attending another game or suporting the team so long as DA is the QB... Really? And people wonder why Phoenix fans get such a universal bad rep...

Anyway, I'm wondering what all of you believe to be the standard for Whiz and DA? I mean, I'm assuming that since you all seem to believe that with Matty, we had the division locked and were playoff bound once again (LOL), and with DA, we'll be lucky to beat out the Rams...

But in all seriousness, supposing DA stays healthy the entire season (long shot given the state of our o-line), what is the standard of "success"? What would need to be done in order for all of you to cease with the pulling out of your hair and maybe even take the guns away from your heads? Does DA need to somehow lead the team to the playoffs? Is it 9 wins? 8?? 7?? Does he merely need to beat out the Rams? The Rams & The Hawks??

FWIW, I said the team would win 9 games this season when I believed Matty would be the QB. As I've said, Whiz feels more confident with DA. So if Whiz feels more confident with Whiz, so must I... therefore, I will raise my win total from 9 to 10 now that DA is the QB.
number1.gif

6 wind .Mr Turnover is gonna break many Cards fans hearts.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
if Whiz feels more confident with Whiz, so must I... therefore, I will raise my win total from 9 to 10 now that DA is the QB.

How can you have confidence in a guy who couldn't beat out Brady Quinn last year?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beat the Rams in game one...start with that

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 wind .Mr Turnover is gonna break many Cards fans hearts.

Shouldn't break anything when you pretty much expect it. That's just achieving expectations!

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
By no means do I think DA is as good as Warner...Warner was Perfect for us and probably our Greatest QB ever. But if we do remember 2008..DA can duplicate alot what Warner did. DA will have some high turnover games...and we will get beat in those...But remember we got blown out at New England, Philly, and played poorly in others.

The key is if DA can get that gun slinger mentality if we make the playoffs. Our defense steps up and we throw the ball deep to Larry 4 times a game and let him out jump and out play the def...we could make a run. just saying.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
if Whiz feels more confident with Whiz, so must I... therefore, I will raise my win total from 9 to 10 now that DA is the QB.

How can you have confidence in a guy who couldn't beat out Brady Quinn last year?

It's not about me... It's about Whiz, who, though you and others seem to feel otherwise, is far better suited to make these types of calls than am I, or you... ;)

Last edited:

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
It's not about me... It's about Whiz, who, though you and others seem to feel otherwise, it far better suited to make these types of calls than am I, or you... ;)

Hey....I trust Whiz.

I just have one question.

Did he watch every game last year that the Browns played and DA was the QB?

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hey....I trust Whiz.

'Course not... why would an NFL coach and his staff, with all of the technology and resources of a full armada, decide to fully vett and investigate a FA signing like DA? It's not like they thought he might have a shot of winning the starting role right?? :doi:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prior to our 1st preseason game I thought we'd win 7 games plus whatever we did against the 49er's. Following that game my expectations went down a game or two and the QB situation doesn't change that for me. Unfortunately, I suspect anything short of a playoff win will have the Leinart supporters bashing Whiz for how he handled this situation.

Steve

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

FWIW, I said the team would win 9 games this season when I believed Matty would be the QB. As I've said, Whiz feels more confident with DA. So if Whiz feels more confident with Whiz, so must I... therefore, I will raise my win total from 9 to 10 now that DA is the QB.
number1.gif

Good post 82.

I believe that Whiz is willing to roll the dice on High Risk, High Reward!
It we as fans take a step back and really remember the Kurt Warner era, you have to also remember the bad as well as the good.
How many times did each and every one of us wonder which Kurt would show up on game day? The good Kurt or the bad Kurt?
When Kurt was on he was great. When he was average he was good. When Kurt was bad, boy did he suck.
Whiz lived with that.
Evidently Whiz see something in DA that he's willing to live with.
High Risk! High Reward!

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Evidently Whiz see something in DA that he's willing to live with.

O - while I do think Whiz see's some things in DA that gets him psyched, I actually believe tis decision is being made more because of the things Whiz see's in Matty that freak him out!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Hey....I trust Whiz.

Lol. Did he even watch our preseason games? DA has thrown one super pass this preseason (then of course totally missed two easy TD passes right after that). He is clearly as erratic now as he was last year. Matt would have driven us to two scores Saturday against the Bears starters if it weren't for the Wells fumble.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget all the stats like QB Ratings, Pass Percentage, Yards per Attempt, Yards per Completion....

Here is the only stat that matters:

Since 2008, teams that win the turnover battle are 340-96-1. That’s a winning percentage of 78%.

You are fooling yourself if you think we are winning more than 6 games with a turnover machine like Anderson at QB.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I will set the following standards:

#1. We finish on the positive side of the turnover column.

#2. We win more than 6 games. That is my expectation right now.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
'Course not... why would an NFL coach and his staff, with all of the technology and resources of a full armada, decide to fully vett and investigate a FA signing like DA? It's not like they thought he might have a shot of winning the starting role right?? :doi:

Just being facetious.....but scared $hitless on the possibility of DA being our starter and ML being cut....more scared about ML being cut since I know Max Hall won't start in game 2.

:eek:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
O - while I do think Whiz see's some things in DA that gets him psyched, I actually believe tis decision is being made more because of the things Whiz see's in Matty that freak him out!

Kind of relative, isn't it?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it ironic that all we ever heard for the last 3 years is Whiz wants to have a team in the mold of the Steelers. Ball control, good defense, good special teams.
Leinart seems to be the guy that would fit that mold. Now all of a sudden we are going high risk , high reward.

This off season has been nutty.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
You are fooling yourself if you think we are winning more than 6 games with a turnover machine like Anderson at QB.

And you're fooling yourself if you thought that we'd have done any better with Matt at the helm.

I started the Anderson bandwagon on a lark, but looking back I'm glad I did. From what I've seen of Leinart during the preseason, he's shown no improvement over what he has been...he makes the same decisions behind the center, and has the same blasé attitude on the sidelines.

With Anderson starting, at least Matt can go back to what he loves most about football...watching someone else play while he listens to his iPod.

16-0

As far as I'm concerned, we won't lose...EVER AGAIN!

I stand by my previous prediction. I'll NEVER go into a game on Sunday expection a loss from the Cardinals...not with Matt starting, or DA, or even Hervé friggin' Villechaize!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Anderson bandwagon is comical. Do you throw up when you type it?

The reality is it is the Anderson train. We are all stuck on it due to gross incompetence on the part of Cardinal management. I have no problem with Leinart not being the starter. If there was even an inkling that this is how it was going to go down he should have been gone months ago and we should have had a much better alternative than the absolute joke we have at QB now.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my next expectation:

#3. Max Hall doesn't have to start more than 2 games this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05