Great SUNS moments. Clips/stories/whatever

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anybody remember The Spaghetti Co. that used to be in downtown Tempe? In around '89/'90 the SUNS players served as waiters there for charity one time. They signed autographs,mingled etc...I remember Tom Chambers being clearly 7'0 tall instead of his listed 6'10".

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
Sometimes people forget how good KJ was. I remembe him dunking over Mark Eaton

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Anybody remember The Spaghetti Co. that used to be in downtown Tempe? In around '89/'90 the SUNS players served as waiters there for charity one time. They signed autographs,mingled etc...I remember Tom Chambers being clearly 7'0 tall instead of his listed 6'10".
If you miss The Spaghetti Company, there's an Old Spaghetti Factory in the Gaslamp District of downtown San Diego. Complete with a trolley car with tables in the middle of the restaurant and a barber chair for kicks.

I miss Phoenix' Spaghetti Company, so I visit the comparable one in Sandy Eggo whenever I'm there.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Notice how all of Stat's best highlights are pre-microfracture surgery. Sigh. . . . . We've been robbed in so many ways.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

You know, I think you're right. This was also one of Tom's biggest fears in life. He continuously would not be seen in a public setting because of this phobea.

I recall an interview with him says, "Look, I'm clearly 7 feet tall, all these years I have lied about it. I fear going out into public will reveal my true freakish nature. I cower to a 6' 10" stature to keep the public from ever knowing the truth. I slightly hunch when they measure me every year to keep this burden from ever being revealed. My biggest fear is that some stupid kid who stands 2 feet shorter than me will notice the truth. I may have to be traded to the Jazz or something to escape "

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notice how all of Stat's best highlights are pre-microfracture surgery. Sigh. . . . . We've been robbed in so many ways.

Sad but true. Although Amare has never played great defense I believe his tremendous athleticism (prior to microfracture) would have eventually helped him to play better defense as he matured. That Brad Miller video showed how Amare could be out of location and still make plays.

Also as I have said before, no one would even be thinking about trading the Amare prior to microfracture.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good times...:D
EAST vs WEST
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7g3xc_un-match-sous-tension_sport

Long version...takes a sec to load.
-Jude La Cava on color going ape $h!T
-Not in our house.
-Bad shirt.
-Jerrod Mustaf's only contribution off the bench EVER.
-Its too bad the Knicks couldn't have beat out MJ in the ECF....we'd have
prob smoked 'em.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone remember the game against the Lakers when the Suns were down by 10 with about a minute left, and they came back to win? Michael Finley hit the game winner.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is anyone on this board older than 22? There were great moments beyond 1997 like the 1990 Suns beating the Lakers in the Playoffs to a chant of "BEAT LA! BEAT LA!" at the Vet. These were still the Showtime Lakers and it was a major turning point for the franchise

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The triple overtime in Chicago in the Finals, the triple overtime against the Celtics in the Finals and the Rex Chapman miracle three pointer in the playoffs(even though they lost the game) come to mind.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Greg Anthony should have been thrown out of the NBA or arrested for assault. What a Pu$$.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was great when people would roll a truck onto the court for Truck Robinson.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

For Shutd:
"Of course he could really see thru that blindfold and the other finalist missed his dunks so it was a meaningless dunk." ;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

For Shutd:
"Of course he could really see thru that blindfold and the other finalist missed his dunks so it was a meaningless dunk." ;)
Yep, meaningless. :)

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I know this is old school, but anyone remember Walter Davis Banking a three in the second round of the playoffs against the Jazz, circa 1984? It sent the game to overtime, which the Suns eventually won (and the series). That was an amazing game, and a shot by Walter Davis. Of course... video of that stuff is nearly impossible to find.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know this is old school, but anyone remember Walter Davis Banking a three in the second round of the playoffs against the Jazz, circa 1984? It sent the game to overtime, which the Suns eventually won (and the series). That was an amazing game, and a shot by Walter Davis. Of course... video of that stuff is nearly impossible to find.
I went to my first SUNS game in '81(Supersonics) but i didn't really begin following the team closely till '87.
The coliseum was something else though....rowdy is a word that comes to mind.:)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TC dunk.

It's number 3 on this vid. Freeze frame it at 1:53 to get an appreciation of how high he was flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Tfb-KeS5s

You can also see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T_W...layer_embedded

Chambers dunk was awesome. I don't know where he took off but he kept on flying.

However, talk about skying, the Larry Nance dunk was effortless and he really brought the ball down from great height above the rim. He was scary athletic.