Courtney Love is evil

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if having possessions of someone like Kurt is painful?

I know a lot of people have that Estate sales, etc. when people pass away because looking at their stuff is painful.

Why not? I'm sure that there are tons of people who would value some of his possessions.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree (that she's evil). Their daughter should get to decide what she wants to keep or not keep.

Should this be in the Music forum, though?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree (that she's evil). Their daughter should get to decide what she wants to keep or not keep.

Should this be in the Music forum, though?

How old is their daughter? Considering her (Courtney's) past, she may not be capable of making a agood decision.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15. I say save it until she's older. Put it in storage if having it around bothers her.

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just think it's a shame that she would just auction off things of one of the greatest musicians of our time, in order to make a few bucks.(yeah, I know she said she would give SOME of it to charity)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe she said "a bunch"...come on, now...we all know what an upstanding citizen she is. I'm sure "a bunch" is a substantial amount. :sarcasm:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was one of the few deaths that made me really, really sad, for more than a day or two. Nirvana really changed the face of music, and I miss him. :(

I don't know enough about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did. I really can't stand her.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
<<"My daughter doesn't need to inherit a giant ... bag full of flannel ... shirts," >>

lol. That's classic.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have to agree with her. People die and lets face it most of what we own is just daily use crap. Put the important momento's to the side and get rid of the rest. What's she supposed to do store every little thing forever?

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I have to agree with her. People die and lets face it most of what we own is just daily use crap. Put the important momento's to the side and get rid of the rest. What's she supposed to do store every little thing forever?

Cmon, didn't you hear that he was the modern Mozart. Plus, he died so honorably. She is supposed to worship everything he left behind. :sarcasm:

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why do you think that?

She couldn't stand being in his shadow, there was a LOT of very very shady circumstances involved in his death. And he was at one of the high points of his life...with his career, a baby etc.

You should read up on his death, it's fascinating that this wasn't investigated further, from the amount of heroin found in his body, to the fake suicide note, to the shotgun being too large for him to pull the trigger etc.

He was murdered.

Also, Cobain was having a will drawn up to exclude Courtney, he was planning on divorcing her.

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cmon, didn't you hear that he was the modern Mozart. Plus, he died so honorably. She is supposed to worship everything he left behind. :sarcasm:

The guy was murdered and he was a modern Mozart, no matter what YOU think of his music...pretty much the rest of the world would disagree with you.

There is a difference between worshiping everything and pawning it off to make a few bucks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy was murdered and he was a modern Mozart, no matter what YOU think of his music...pretty much the rest of the world would disagree with you.

There is a difference between worshiping everything and pawning it off to make a few bucks.

He was influential, and may have change music for a lot of people, but he is not the best musician of all time, and the whole world doesn't think that he was either.

I liked Nirvana, but I can keep him, and his music in perspective. A top 5 or top 10 guy, nothing more, nothing less.

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He was influential, and may have change music for a lot of people, but he is not the best musician of all time, and the whole world doesn't think that he was either.

I liked Nirvana, but I can keep him, and his music in perspective.

Oh, my bad, I didn't realize that I said he was the best musician of all time...do me a favor, can you find that in my posts for me because I can't seem to dig it up?

His INFLUENCE on the music world was as great as Elvis, Johnny Cash and the Beatles. That doesn't make him the greatest musician of all time, but it does make him one of them.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, my bad, I didn't realize that I said he was the best musician of all time...do me a favor, can you find that in my posts for me because I can't seem to dig it up?

His INFLUENCE on the music world was as great as Elvis, Johnny Cash and the Beatles. That doesn't make him the greatest musician of all time, but it does make him one of them.
You said he was the modern Mozart, close enough. So there.

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Mozart is THE greatest musician of all time? Interesting take...

Nice try.

Mozart did influence some of the greater musicians in the world with his style, in his time, much like Cobain and Nirvana did with theirs. That doesn't make them the greatest, it makes them both influential.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I said top 5 or top 10, how am I disagreeing with you? Relax man, relax.

Besides, every one on your list has had a bigger influence, reaffirming my post.

JMHO.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Mozart is my favorite composer by far, but saying that does not = me saying he was the best composer ever.

So there. ;)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be noted that Courtney did put aside some of Kurt's stuff for Francis, including his guitar, his sweater (I am assuming from the "Smell like Teen Spirit" shoot), etc.