NFL Network reports Plummer trade nullified

redbirdofwar

Reaction score
The Nfl ticker is showing that the Plummer trade to Tampa Bay has been cancelled due to Plummers decision to retire.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Retire?

What?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be expected.

Left his new fiance on the alter and now leaves his new team for retirement.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Jake retires I officially feel old

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jake has always had a higher opinion of himself then the people around him. So it's no surprise he didn't want to be a back up. I am sure he told the Broncos if they were going to trade him he wanted to go to a team he could possibly start. Not that one existed mind you.

He has always seemed the type that would retire rather then be a backup. Then again, he could just be giving the finger to the Broncos.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
A 4th rd pick is not much of an impact in the revenge category.

Ha..you don't get a 4th rd pick and I don't get the 15m left on my contract?

It leaves Bronco's with a hole and no draft pick. He was never going to get the 15M (?)...never.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Hmm...I don't see that anywhere?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...bYF?slug=jc-plummer030207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Plummer headed to Tampa Bay
Plummer headed to Tampa Bay

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
March 2, 2007

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers acquired quarterback Jake Plummer from Denver on Friday for a fourth-round draft pick in this year’s draft.

Plummer lost his job last season to rookie Jay Cutler after playing inconsistently over the first half of the season. Plummer also fell out of favor with the Broncos during the playoffs in the 2005 season after a poor performance in the AFC championship game against Pittsburgh.

However, Plummer now will play for coach Jon Gruden, who has shown an affinity for veteran quarterbacks during his days in Oakland and Tampa Bay. Gruden helped Oakland’s Rich Gannon during a late-career rebirth in which Gannon won an NFL MVP award. Gruden then combined with veteran Brad Johnson to help lead the Buccaneers to a Super Bowl title in the 2002 season.

The 32-year-old Plummer finished last season with 11 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 11 starts. Plummer played well in the previous three seasons, throwing 60 touchdowns and 34 interceptions in that span.

Plummer seemed to lose his confidence as last season progressed. After losing his starting job, Plummer was upset with how Denver coach Mike Shanahan dealt with the change. Plummer was particularly angry that he received a phone call from his position coach to inform him of the change rather than hearing directly from Shanahan.

Jason Cole is a national NFL writer for Yahoo! Sports. Send Jason a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If Jake retires, what will Russ do with all his free time?