Zombieland TV Show

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=83291
Planned as a half-hour show, "Zombieland" is being developed by Sony Pictures Television and 20th Century Fox and, if it moves forward, will likely replace any big screen sequel. The original writers of Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are involved, but the full cast is unlikely to return. Whether that means recasting the same characters or focusing on new ones altogether remains to be seen.
Yes Please! :thewave:

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Could be good, could be a snooze fest. I'm mildly interested, a lot has to be worked out.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
loved the movie.

Love zombies, always have.

Love campy horror, always have.

If they stick to campy zombie horror, i almost HAVE to like it.

Thank god zombies are popular as I cannot take the vampire garbage.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get the pop culture zombie craze.

These things come and go. First is was vampires and now it's zombies. Funny thing, the term zombie has been so bastardized because these things in movies like this aren't zombies, they're ghouls. That said, this more than likely won't be as good as Walking Dead only because in the Walking Dead, the ghouls are only an obstacle to be overcome. The real star of the show is the will to survive.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
without the same charactors itll be hard to do.

Always hated vampires, zombies dont have room for love stories.

Fast zombies are much more exciting than slow brain eating zombies.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get the pop culture zombie craze.

Zombieland was a comedy and a total spoof on both pop culture and the zombie craze. They killed Bill Murray, for cryin' out loud.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zombieland was a comedy and a total spoof on both pop culture and the zombie craze. They killed Bill Murray, for cryin' out loud.
I get the movie; I don't get why people are so crazy for zombies.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the movie; I don't get why people are so crazy for zombies.

Actually, I sort of get zombies. They make for a great metaphor for lots of pop culture stupidity.

When I see Beiber fans, I see zombies. When I see Apple zealots (a group of which I am a tepid member), I see zombies. When I see Cowboys fans, I see zombies.

So the zombie thing is ripe for satire and parody, IMO, thanks to our silly consumer culture and alarming brand loyalty.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I sort of get zombies. They make for a great metaphor for lots of pop culture stupidity.

When I see Beiber fans, I see zombies. When I see Apple zealots (a group of which I am a tepid member), I see zombies. When I see Cowboys fans, I see zombies.

So the zombie thing is ripe for satire and parody, IMO, thanks to our silly consumer culture and alarming brand loyalty.

I can see all that but I think it's also the superhero thing. In comparison to the typical slow-moving, slow-thinking zombie the average person becomes the equivalent of Spiderman. The genre gives you plenty of built-in adversaries, lots of danger but it keeps the hero even more accessible than the typical superhero storyline. You don't even have to watch your planet explode or get bit by a radioactive spider.

Steve

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A zombie as a metaphor for our culture's collective fears I get. I understand it's much like atomic-based baddies in the 50's. On an intellectual level, I get it.

But on an aesthetic, entertainment level...I think they're largely dumb and the films they appear in are largely dumb, too.

JMHO--I'm not trying to judge others for liking dumb things. ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A zombie as a metaphor for our culture's collective fears I get. I understand it's much like atomic-based baddies in the 50's. On an intellectual level, I get it.

But on an aesthetic, entertainment level...I think they're largely dumb and the films they appear in are largely dumb, too.

JMHO--I'm not trying to judge others for liking dumb things. ;)

I have to agree with you on this. I liked Zombieland quite a bit but mostly because it wasn't your typical zombie movie. I suspect I'd like Shaun of the Dead for the same reason but I've never quite made it around to watching it. Other than those I've not had any interest in watching a zombie flick in a few decades.

Although I don't like zombie pics in general I am a huge fan of post-apocalyptic stories so I gave Walking Dead a try also. At first I really liked it but once it evolved into an occasionally tension-filled but generally slow-paced soap opera it lost all appeal. As for the Zombieland TV show, the cast had a big part in making the movie special so I don't see how the TV show carries this off.

Steve

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with you on this. I liked Zombieland quite a bit but mostly because it wasn't your typical zombie movie. I suspect I'd like Shaun of the Dead for the same reason but I've never quite made it around to watching it. Other than those I've not had any interest in watching a zombie flick in a few decades.

Although I don't like zombie pics in general I am a huge fan of post-apocalyptic stories so I gave Walking Dead a try also. At first I really liked it but once it evolved into an occasionally tension-filled but generally slow-paced soap opera it lost all appeal. As for the Zombieland TV show, the cast had a big part in making the movie special so I don't see how the TV show carries this off.

Steve
AGreed... mostly.

I like the Walking Dead because it's not about the Zombies. Heck, it's not even about the post-apocalyptic setting. It's about the characters. That's why I don't get bent out of shape when they're still sitting on the highway after 3 episodes. I agree, it could be better. But I still like it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard