Zach Ertz Released

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol…. No team is claiming his broken down, washed ass.
The Eagles have Goedert with a broken forearm and Calcaterra with a high ankle sprain. If Ertz is actually healthy he may be of use to them. He's still better than the practice squad riffraff

Reaction score
Best wishes to Zach Ertz!

As a Cardinals fan, the move makes sense; and I'm glad that McBride has shown enough that the team is able to make the change.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Maxx Williams, who IIRC was hurt when Ertz was signed. Is he still in the league?
The NFL is filled with tragic stories. Once regarded as only a blocking TE, Williams displayed surprising receiving skills after joining the Cards. While having his best season, he blew out his knee. Unfortunately the injury resulted in serious nerve damage. After a long rehab he briefly returned to the Cards, but wasn’t the same player. At latest news, he was retired. He was a great guy And valued teammate.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The NFL is filled with tragic stories. Once regarded as only a blocking TE, Williams displayed surprising receiving skills after joining the Cards. While having his best season, he blew out his knee. Unfortunately the injury resulted in serious nerve damage. After a long rehab he briefly returned to the Cards, but wasn’t the same player. At latest news, he was retired. He was a great guy And valued teammate.
i seem to recall that tackle that injured him vs SF was of the hip drop variety

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A testament to him, Williams was originally considered a receiving only tight end before injuring his ankle in Baltimore and losing speed.

Harry

Reaction score
I’m sure someone will chance signing him; no team is in a rush to get him. Any team could have claimed him and been assured of getting him. No team did. He clearly overestimated his value. Teams realize his skills have diminished.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’m sure someone will chance signing him; no team is in a rush to get him. Any team could have claimed him and been assured of getting him. No team did. He clearly overestimated his value. Teams realize his skills have diminished.
I think teams not signing him yet is more about him not being fully healthy versus his skill level. There are plenty of teams with mid to poor tight end play, where's Zach would easily be the best tight end on the roster. I think teams will wait until the last couple games of the regular season, when they know what their playoff situation is to bring him in for a postseason run.

Harry

Reaction score
I think teams not signing him yet is more about him not being fully healthy versus his skill level. There are plenty of teams with mid to poor tight end play, where's Zach would easily be the best tight end on the roster. I think teams will wait until the last couple games of the regular season, when they know what their playoff situation is to bring him in for a postseason run.
But if you grabbed him now, you’d prevent someone else from beating you to signing him. He creates no sense of urgency.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Doesn’t claiming him obligate that team to his salary?
Now they can sign him for nothing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson