You've got to hand it to the Steelers

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
fans they sure know how to party on a road game.

For anyone living near this part of the country and/or planning on going to the Arizona -vs- Steelers matchup this weekend, you MUST come by Harold's Corral in Cave Creek AZ (roughly 30 min drive from the stadium). This weekens features...

Friday... Charity banquet for the Mel Blount Youth Home. Mel himself attending and meeting fans. Tickets are available through Harolds Corral... http://www.haroldscorral.com/ or by phone at 480-488-1906

Saturday (early afternoon)... charity Mel Blount Golf Tounrnament (Tickets are available through Harolds Corral... http://www.haroldscorral.com/ or by phone at 480-488-1906)

Saturday (ALL DAY)... HUGE Steeler fan rally with appearances by Mel Blount, Mike Merriweather, Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley. Over 1500 people expected. Rally is free early in the day, however Harolds may charge a cover fee if a capacity issue occurs. SO ARRIVE EARLY!!

Sunday... Stadium tailgate party, details TBA at the fan rally event

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=115196&sid=982815fc66835b858fea88be06773439

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather amputate my leg at the knee with a dull rock than go to any of that garbage.

Reaction score
HUGE Steeler fan rally with appearances by Mel Blount, Mike Merriweather, Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley.
Yes, Craig is Ron Wolfley's brother...

Imagine two Wolfley's in the stadium at the same time! ;)
Craig Wolfley will be the sideline reporter for the Steelers broadcasting team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well that's what we get for having a football team in one of the country's favorite vacation spots. Imagine how many more Steelers fans would be trying to get into the mix if the game were in November or December or February.

I even expect to see a bunch of Browns fans in town Dec. 2nd.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Party in Cave Creek............................ Woo Hoo!

amwreck

Reaction score
I'll be honest, it has got nothing to do with it being a good vacation spot. Every year, Steelers fans usually get together for at least one huge rally. Last year we did Jacksonville. Yeah, it's in Florida, but Jax is not a vacation spot and most fans came for the weekend and left - not to go to Orlando, but just to go home.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used to live in the hills north of Carefree. Harolds was just down the road from me.

It was famous in the mid-nineties as the wintering spot for the big cats from the Barnum and Bailey circus. They were kept in big cages behind Harolds.

The original owner sold it and it became just another bland bar/restaurant place in picturesque Cave Creek. The owner catered to bikers and Steelers fans.

On the same side of the road, almost sharing the same sandy parking area was the Packers bar, owned, if I recall, by some Green Bay Packer's sister. The food there was much better.

Harolds is big and has a large outside seating area, but it's not big enough to handle much more than its usual weekend crowd, and it will hot outside. If the gathering is at night, the weather will be perfect.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RonF, are you a Steelers fan, or is it just your wife who is?

If it were anybody else but you, I'd have trashed this thread. We are not a Mapquest for opposing fans' gatherings.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used to live in the hills north of Carefree. Harolds was just down the road from me.

It was famous in the mid-nineties as the wintering spot for the big cats from the Barnum and Bailey circus. They were kept in big cages behind Harolds.

The original owner sold it and it became just another bland bar/restaurant place in picturesque Cave Creek. The owner catered to bikers and Steelers fans.

On the same side of the road, almost sharing the same sandy parking area was the Packers bar, owned, if I recall, by some Green Bay Packer's sister. The food there was much better.

Harolds is big and has a large outside seating area, but it's not big enough to handle much more than its usual weekend crowd, and it will hot outside. If the gathering is at night, the weather will be perfect.

Not sure why you differentiated between the two.:D

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's easy....

....to support a team that has won as much as the Steelers have. My hat's off to the fans who support the Cards through all the tough times. Better times are coming.

OP
OP
RonF

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
RonF, are you a Steelers fan, or is it just your wife who is?

If it were anybody else but you, I'd have trashed this thread. We are not a Mapquest for opposing fans' gatherings.

No, I'm the Card fan but my wife is a Steelerfan. It's going to be a rough Sunday in our household. My point was not to tout the Steeler fans bash over the week-end but it did made me think of what would it be like to have Card fans having similar activities while on the road.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard