You won't believe this one.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
John Burkett was passed over today because of the rainout yesterday and he was not too happy. So what does he do, he leaves the ballclub to go home. The Red Sox are in the playoffs against the Yankees and he is only thinking about himself. There is no I in baseball John. Here is the story.

Boston Red Sox pitcher, John Burkett, decided late this afternoon to return home to Pennsylvania upon hearing word that the team had decided to pass him over for a start against the New York Yankees in the American League Championship Series. All the result of a drenching storm which hit New England on Sunday. "I am feeling disrespected and underappreciated," said Burkett, "My stats were as good as any pitcher on the team versus New York this year." The pitcher, who was 12-9 for Boston this season plans to travel back to his hometown just in time to participate in Pennsylvania's largest invitational bowling championship, The Philly Pin Challenge. Burkett, a scratch bowler in his own right is a two time champion of the event.

When reached for comment, 28-year old Boston General Manager, Theo Epstein said, "While we are disappointed with John's choice to abandon his team, the Red Sox must do what is best for the organization. In the organization's opinion, skipping John Burkett was in the best interests of the team."

Boston plans to replace Burkett in Game 4 with knuckleballer Tim Wakefield, who shut down the potent Yankee attack in Game 1.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bowling is so much more fun than playing in the ALCS, I can see why he did it.

:rolleyes:

Mike

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson