You can now download 360 games right on your xbox one

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ho hum. Not a big deal, you could just go online and get the 360 games and then install them on the Xbox One with no issues. Nice update if you like party chat, but other than that...

One of the things Microsoft isn't good at is identifying what 360 games are actually backwards compatible without looking at the list. Hopefully that's now changed with this update.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ho hum. Not a big deal, you could just go online and get the 360 games and then install them on the Xbox One with no issues. Nice update if you like party chat, but other than that...

One of the things Microsoft isn't good at is identifying what 360 games are actually backwards compatible without looking at the list. Hopefully that's now changed with this update.

how else would they tell you besides showing you a list?

Also if you go to the fir right in my games and apps, you will see any 360 games you owned digitally that are available. Major nelson tweets out when new games become available too so I catch them on there.

The only part of the update I like is the 360 update. I did it on my computer typically but it is nice to be able to do it on the xbox too and not HAVE to go on the computer.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It is really difficult to order any backwards compatible game on an Xbox One. I'm only talking about new purchases, not ones that are already in your digital library.

They are also horrible about showing prices. On a basic web browser, you can go to the separate page that lists the backward compatible games, but they don't actually tell you how much they cost unless you click into them. Can be a pain.

Luckily, there are a lot of forums out there that identify deals on backward compatible titles and today I got Monkey Island 2 for 2.49 and Fallout 3 for 5 bucks.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is really difficult to order any backwards compatible game on an Xbox One. I'm only talking about new purchases, not ones that are already in your digital library.

They are also horrible about showing prices. On a basic web browser, you can go to the separate page that lists the backward compatible games, but they don't actually tell you how much they cost unless you click into them. Can be a pain.

Luckily, there are a lot of forums out there that identify deals on backward compatible titles and today I got Monkey Island 2 for 2.49 and Fallout 3 for 5 bucks.

Also every tuesday new weekly sales start, major nelson lists the sales for xbone and xb360. Watch those sales and can always pick up games for real cheap and cross reference the backward compat list if you need to prior to purchase.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn