Over-rated?

Under-rated?

Discuss

**For some reason I am expecting a wide range of posts on this one.**

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unknown and underappreciated by most people. I have to shake my head when people can only associated "Owner of a Lonely Heart" to Yes and know nothing of their prog-rock work in the 70s.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until Gadda mentioned "Owner of a Lonely Heart", I was at a loss to think of one Yes song.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Awaken is a standout song.

Over-rated by the diehard fans, under-rated by the critics. Some great albums. Some clunkers.

Last edited:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now let me preface this with my age. I'm 26.

But...

The very first track on the CD my Dad had always got my blood pumping.

The album had a gray title card and a odd fantasy type design.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Found it (yeah for the internets!).

The album was "Classic Yes" and it wasn't only the first song it was the whole album.

Great stuff.

Last edited:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes only can be judged on what their line-up was.... They were obviously at their best w/Bruford on drums, Howe on lead-guitar, and Wakeman on keyboards along w/the only 2 constants Anderson and Squire.

Rabin and White did a solid effort on "90125", which is probably among the best albums released in the '80s, but they still didn't approach the magnitude of the aforementioned line-up achieved on "Fragile".

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Yesterday I was rehearsing with my band and in the next room a few guys from YES were rehearsing with their new band. Ended up hanging out with Tony Kaye, Alan White and Billy Sherwood for a while. Very cool and down to earth guys. They invited us to watch their rehearsal - their new material ROCKS.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was rehearsing with my band and in the next room a few guys from YES were rehearsing with their new band. Ended up hanging out with Tony Kaye, Alan White and Billy Sherwood for a while. Very cool and down to earth guys. They invited us to watch their rehearsal - their new material ROCKS.

Wow...especially to Alan White. Mainly because he was the drummer when him, John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Klaus Voormann, and Yoko played in the Summer of '69 as the Plastic Ono Band in Toronto. Also, Alan White played the propulsive drumming on "Instant Karma", perhaps one of the best performances ever. He was around 19/20 at the time, would have had been interesting if he recollected about those times.

Edit:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=64N6QtLjpcg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MieDFkhlByo

Last edited: