Yahoo Pick 'em 2009

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every year we have a pick 'em league or two, I haven't seen it on here (but I could of missed it lol) so I created the group.

No confidence points
No spread
Picks due 5 minutes before each game

It's yahoo so of course it's free.

ASFN 2009 Pick 'em
Group ID# 33292
Pass: superbowl

We generally had two, so I made a second one, this one WITH CONFIDENCE and SPREAD

ASFN 2009 Pick 'em #2
Group ID# 33299
Pass: superbowl

This isn't official, but again I haven't seen one for this season, and ASFN needs one or (another one lol).

----------
Free for anyone to join, no prizes, except for clout.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cool thx. I'm in. I entered the info you provided but i found myself in group #2.
I'm no good at picking the spread and i have no clue what confidence points are.(oops)
Anyway can i get booted from group 2 so i can join the straight up group?

Edit: took care of it myself:)

Last edited:

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I'm in, will try to remember and make my picks .

/scouts honor! :D

OP
OP
CardsFan88

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cool, cool. Everyone is welcome to sign up (until spots are gone).

Confidence points works like this: For each number of games played during the week there is a rank you give them. (usually 14-16 games [difference because of bye weeks])

So if there are 14 games. You have 14 rankings to give. So you'll give one game a 1, one game a 2, so on and so forth up to 14. Now since it's confidence it should be fairly self-explanatory. If you think the Colts are going to beat the Lions BIG, you'll put down 14, and if they win, you get 14 points. You say the Cardinals are going to beat the Niners, maybe use THEM as the 13 pointer.

These points are what is 'scored'. You can only use them once. So each game has to be a different number, 1,2,3, etc. You can't put 14 on all of the easy games to pick lol.

This is good though, because a Packers vs Vikings game might be a tough call. So you'll give it say a 1 or 2.

So the big part of this way is to make sure you win your 'high confidence' picks.

Because how you weighted them is more important than 'total number of correct winners'. Conversely if you are good at choosing the 'tough' games, and weight them low, that helps too.

So in a real sense, being truthful about your 'confidence' (sort of an oxymoron) then you'll do pretty well.

It's different, and fun, especially if you have the 'regular' way (standard pick 'em rules) to fall back on. Thus why both leagues set up.

Oh yeah and for spread that's the amount one team needs to win by. So if a team is +6, they have to win by 7. Or vice versa if you think x team is good enough to cover the spread but not win, then that works too. So if that Colts vs Lions game had a 14 point spread, you might actually want to take the lions. Overall while, not be a 'pure' way to pick, you really don't know 'who' will win since anybody can pick a good amount of winners but based on confidence their 'points' are vastly different.

If it's a push, no one wins points.

Again picks are 5 minutes before each game. So if you screw up (and I do pretty much 1 or 2 weeks every year lol hitting submit at 9:56) You don't lose EVERY game, just that section, like the Sunday morning games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave