X & O Questions

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. On that first TD pass, who blew the coverage?

2. Jax did a lot of bringing its safeties from deep on the field up to the LOS just prior to the snap. Was CP checking out of the play? If not, why not?

3. Why did we stay away from A -Gap blitzing and stunting?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I will provide the best info I can...

1-Peterson blew the coverage. He got caught looking at Henne and sliding towards Shorts who was running a post or an in route. He just didn't see the TE release to his right.

2-No idea other than Palmer liked the opportunities it gave him in the passing game.

3-We stayed away from blitzing and stunting because we didn't feel like we had to in the 2nd half. Man coverage can lead to big plays and so the Cards played man over or man 2 it looked like on TV to prevent big plays. essentially we got the lead and leaned on the Jags with our defense. They couldn't exploit the underneath and couldn't run against a 6 man box. Both offensive lines were dominated.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. On that first TD pass, who blew the coverage?
Looked like PP to me.
2. Jax did a lot of bringing its safeties from deep on the field up to the LOS just prior to the snap. Was CP checking out of the play? If not, why not?
Don't think we will ever know.
3. Why did we stay away from A -Gap blitzing and stunting?
Bowles has shown that he is unpredictable and other than the blown play and one drive, it worked.