Would you trade a 2023 third round pick toget back into the 4th rd.

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
If so, who would you target? After Comp. picks are given, we should have a total of 2 or 3 third round picks for the 2023 draft. I would consider giving up our own 2023 third for a high fourth this year. Still a lot of good players left at need positions for the Cardinals!

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
No way. Third round picks are like world wide currency. It's good everywhere, for anything, and can be used in so many ways. One should collect all they can.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes.

I'd trade the 3rd round comp to get into the 4th.

The comp is basically a 4th anyway.

They should be on to the Ravens. They don't need 6 4th round picks this year and they traded with us in the 4th last year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes.

I'd trade the 3rd round comp to get into the 4th.

The comp is basically a 4th anyway.

They should be on to the Ravens. They don't need 6 4th round picks this year and they traded with us in the 4th last year.
No this class is nothing special
The best remaining players are not so better then guys u can get in the sixth or seventh rounds
Its dramatic stupid wasting picks
From this point u just need to fill the roster, we have enough picks in later rounds and a a couple of UDFAs can make it

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No this class is nothing special
The best remaining players are not so better then guys u can get in the sixth or seventh rounds
Its dramatic stupid wasting picks
From this point u just need to fill the roster, we have enough picks in later rounds and a a couple of UDFAs can make it

There are several OL, CB, DL and RB in round 4 worthy of the pick and much better than what will be there in round 6.

Dohnovan West, Zach Tom, Jamaree Salyer, Perrion Winfrey, Daniel Faalele, Darian Kinnard, Coby Bryant, Zyon McCollum, Tyler Allgeier, Dameon Pierce, Pierre Strong, Damarri Mathis, Mathew Butler, Josh Jobe, Isaiah Spiller.

I imagine Steve Keim goes to sleep whispering "Zyon McCollum no matter what".

Hell I'd jump back into the 4th for Christopher Allen because I don't see how Cam Thomas will ever be an OLB. And we do need 2 OLB's because Golden is old and FA next year, and one of these will wash out.

Just my opinion. But it wouldn't surprise me if Keim did something.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There are several OL, CB, DL and RB in round 4 worthy of the pick and much better than what will be there in round 6.

Dohnovan West, Zach Tom, Jamaree Salyer, Perrion Winfrey, Daniel Faalele, Darian Kinnard, Coby Bryant, Zyon McCollum, Tyler Allgeier, Dameon Pierce, Pierre Strong, Damarri Mathis, Mathew Butler, Josh Jobe, Isaiah Spiller.

Hell I'd jump back into the 4th for Christopher Allen because I don't see how Cam Thomas will ever be an OLB. And we do need 2 OLB's because Golden is old and FA next year, and one of these will wash out.

Yeah there is a pool of really promising young IOL available. But like it or not, are those guys better than what's on the roster in 2022? I don't think so.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah there is a pool of really promising young IOL available. But like it or not, are those guys better than what's on the roster in 2022? I don't think so.

Yes but I'd rather draft a guy now at say 120 that can develop for a year and be ready for 2023 than take a rookie next year that won't be ready until 2024. If that costs next years 103 that seems like a fair trade.

Even a mid to late round 1 guy next year will either be rough as a starter or have to sit and learn.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would in a heartbeat. Our 2023 3rd should be in the back of the 3 round next year also. The value for at lest say 21st of the 3rd next year = (165pts), is equal to 3 Balt picks this year. 110,119 and 139 = (167pts). So saying that picks of Kinnard/Faalele, Bryant/McCollum and Pierce/Strong is not better then 1 late 3 next year? I beg to differ.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes but I'd rather draft a guy now at say 120 that can develop for a year and be ready for 2023 than take a rookie next year that won't be ready until 2024. If that costs next years 103 that seems like a fair trade.

Even a mid to late round 1 guy next year will either be rough as a starter or have to sit and learn.
Fair point. I'd consider trading next years third for a 4th and 5th this year.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The two guys I’d be happy trading up for are Perrion Winfrey (DT) and Tariq Woolen (CB). Probably Jaramee Slayer or Kinnard (OG) too, given the need.

Beyond that, I don’t see a ton of value significantly better than we can get with our later picks.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would in a heartbeat. Our 2023 3rd should be in the back of the 3 round next year also. The value for at lest say 21st of the 3rd next year = (165pts), is equal to 3 Balt picks this year. 110,119 and 139 = (167pts). So saying that picks of Kinnard/Faalele, Bryant/McCollum and Pierce/Strong is not better then 1 late 3 next year? I beg to differ.

CC, it is also worth remembering that, because of the contracts Chandler Jones and Kirk signed, the Cards might get at least one, possible two, third round compensatory picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose