Words with Friends question

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are still playing this? There was an app I used that allowed me to cheat. Just add the letters I had and it would give me an array of words that would work with those letters. Bet she is using that.

Yea. I was always wondering how you were getting all these big time scores and you not even knowing what the word even was/meant! PUNK

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are still playing this? There was an app I used that allowed me to cheat. Just add the letters I had and it would give me an array of words that would work with those letters. Bet she is using that.

Yeah I found one 2 years ago called Scrabulizer. I was trying to teach her a lesson so I used it for a game and got some huge score and she didn't like it and probably guessed something was up. For awhile our games went ok then she reverted to doing her thing so I just stopped playing for about a year. We started playing again a few months ago. I made it perfectly clear that i had no interest in playing if she was going to play that way which is when she let on that she had been confronted by multiple random people playing WWF and accused of cheating so while she insisted she doesn't cheat, she also said she doesn't play that way anymore.

There were games where she clearly didn't play that way and still did quite well, she plays the game quite often and she's gotten good at it. I don't really play anybody else and I would say in general she's better than I am, in a fair set of 10 games she'd probably win 6 or 7 times. But fairly early on it became obvious that if the games were close, she'd start doing that again, that is she simply wanted to win so much, that she couldn't stop herself.

I didn't make a big deal out of it until recently when it got worse and worse and like I said the 5 word spread of nonsense yesterday was the final straw.
I have the free WWF version on my Android and it's buggy as hell, freezes often I have to reinstall it regularly, so I had told her a few times I was considering just dumping it and she always said no keep playing. I dumped it last night, just not worth dealing with a buggy app when I usually only play against one person and she insists on playing that way.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classic, email this morning, why did you resign from WWF? Loser!

So I replied and said I have no interest playing against someone who's playing that way so I resigned and deleted it from my phone.

OK... It's just a game.

So I replied yes I get that, you apparently don't or you wouldn't keep cheating even after I call you out for cheating.

OK I guess you don't like losing.

Yes that's it, got nothing to do with you cheating, it's that I don't like losing.

I blame Lance Armstrong.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people. Are you still friends with this person or was this about the only interaction?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people. Are you still friends with this person or was this about the only interaction?

Still friends but we live in different states now so we don't see each other at all.

I know her well enough to know she actually will eventually step back and realize she was in fact doing what I said and she's just mad because I called her on it.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
You know you don't have to accept the games with that person right? I don't understand why people would use those sites. But imo the game is an intellectual one, if you remove that part of it I might as well be putting together a 10 piece puzzle.

btw nth is a word and the only one that I know of that doesn't use a vowel.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know you don't have to accept the games with that person right? I don't understand why people would use those sites. But imo the game is an intellectual one, if you remove that part of it I might as well be putting together a 10 piece puzzle.

btw nth is a word and the only one that I know of that doesn't use a vowel.

Yeah she was mainly the one person I played against. I did play a couple of random ones but it wasn't any fun, they either take forever, or play rapid fire. Much easier playing with someone you know where the game fits into your normal schedule.

I did get an apology email but not an admission that she was cheating, just that she shouldn't have gotten mad when I quit the game. I don't intend to reinstall the game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless they came from the scrabble world, if you ever see words like MYSID, AJIVA, LOUPE, NGWEE, you know they are cheating.

Dunno, once they are used on you or you see them they stick out.

I for sure will be dropping every single one of those on the wife shortly (as soon as I look up their meaning...one of my caveats, even if I force a word thinking it will work I must look it up to know what it means and add it to my vocab).

One such word, QAT or KHAT, I didn't know previously but since have seen and heard all over the place. Bizarre, really, It's kind of almost common.

After mysid hits the board, the wife's gonna be all ajiva. BOOM.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with loupe? I use one everyday at work. :shrug:;)

She's not a jeweler. Although of the words she used that's the one she was most likely to actually know on her own.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort