WK 5 - San Francisco 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread Oct 4th - Oct 10th, 2021

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

COVERAGE
Watch -FOX
Listen -NFL Game Pass, Westwood One, SiriusXM, TuneIn

Sorry to steal your thunder Ronin but needed to post this somewhere

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams were yesterday

Time to get focused on the Niners

Backup QB's always give us trouble

Can VJ dial up the right defense?

Will the Cards be reading the articles and come in flat?

Difficult to come off such a complete win and stay focused

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tbh, even though he’s really raw, mobile qb’s scare the hell out of me. I would’ve rather played Jimmy G. I was a big supporter of his in the draft abd wanted him in the second round but he’s turned out to be a joke between the ears and I don’t think Kyler would allow us to lose to him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lance will be interesting at halftime I watched a few plays he was in. If you paid attention in preseason and camp all talk on Lance was his bad habit of missing high concerned Shanahan. He had a low throw buried and then 2 high ones that were nearly picked and I thought this is going to be bad. Watched the 2nd half of our game and I'm quite surprised at Lance's numbers. The first TD to Deebo was a bust blown coverage but he found him. No picks. If you take away that blown coverage TD to Deebo he's 7-18 for about 80 yards but of course you can't take away big plays to make stats look worse not how it works.

I imagine we will scheme to contain Deebo make someone else beat us but we have to contain that run game that's their bread and butter. The next 2 weeks 49ers and Browns really run the ball well. We have to get our run defense better

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tbh, even though he’s really raw, mobile qb’s scare the hell out of me. I would’ve rather played Jimmy G. I was a big supporter of his in the draft abd wanted him in the second round but he’s turned out to be a joke between the ears and I don’t think Kyler would allow us to lose to him.
We’ve defeated Kaepernick at his best. We lost to Jimmy G last year. But this time we have solidified our o-line.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Trent Williams is out, which seems like he will be, I feel a lot more confident though.

They don't seem to know yet he hurt his shoulder, was carted off but there's some speculation it's a "stinger" not a tear or something they just don't know yet. I didn't see it but apparently he was visibly upset when it happened like he thought his season was over.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Trent Williams is out, which seems like he will be, I feel a lot more confident though.
Still need Collins. As rough as Lance looked I saw him shrug off multiple Seahawks defenders with strength and quickness.

Hicks is gonna whiff on a few 3rd down drives I fear.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah. It was something structural with the defense yesterday. That man coverage and a motion TE just opened wide lanes up the middle of the defense. Sad!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone noticed this team is eerily similar to Buffalo last year?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Defense still concerns me. Bosa/Ford will be the best edge rushers they've faced all year and Warner will be the best LB.

I think the next couple of games are where we should stick with the run.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Defense still concerns me. Bosa/Ford will be the best edge rushers they've faced all year and Warner will be the best LB.

I think the next couple of games are where we should stick with the run.
You are really worried about that the way we handled Donald and the Rams yesterday?

I admit I am probably over confident, but this game with Lance at QB feels like an easy win to me.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You are really worried about that the way we handled Donald and the Rams yesterday?

I admit I am probably over confident, but this game with Lance at QB feels like an easy win to me.
Well I said that when the 49ers had CJ Beathard and no Nick Bosa last year so..

Dont get me wrong I think we win. However, it took some really incredible plays from Wilson to help win that game. They are explosive passing the ball yet only put up a little over 150.

Just dont want to mess around with them (especially since you cant look ahead to the Browns).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson