With the playoffs locked up...

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Do the Suns play alot more of the bench for the rest of the season to let Marion & Marbury rest up...?

Or do we act like buisness as usuall and keep the steam going into the playoffs?

I hope we get some rust off Googs and BIG Jake, and let the bench players get afew games to get a feel for things...

We need Marion & Starbury to have fresh legs for the playoffs, they have logged alot of min's this season and durring the offseason...

sunsfn

Reaction score
I believe they will play Googs, & big Jake, more than normal to get them in shape and rest the others.

But, they will try to win the games and in the 4th quarter if it is close they will play the regulars to win.

I think!!!! :) :) :)

It will be interesting to see if they play Alton ford..............!

:thumbup:

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe we owe it to the league to try and compete with portland since playoff posioning is still up in the air! But with seattle we need to rest marion and starbury, 20 to 25 min max. just my opinion!;)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard Marbury on the radio today. John Gambadoro ask if he was going to get plenty of rest before the playoffs. Marbury responded that he would be playing his normal minutes and trying to win the games to keep the momentum going. He said does plenty of time for rest in the off-season. I think that is the right idea. Marbury also pointed out that all of the main core with the exception of Hardaway are in their early 20s.

We may see a little more time from Jake Tsakalidis, especially with Bo Outlaw out, but I doubt Tom Gugliotta will play much. Those teams like to shorten the bench going into the playoffs. Of course you never know with Frank Johnson.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I cant help but think that Googs can help this team, Even if he is the 2nd or 3rd PF in the rotation...

But as long as we win I wont question..

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really don't see Googs helping us, he should have the veteran intelligence to help, but he's just really not in game shape and his credit card vertical is not helping his rebounding skills.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Googs can still play a role on this team. There are many teams who would like to have Gugliotta. Just not at the salary he is making now. :)

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Im not convinced of that. He is an older player who has yet to prove he is healthy in the past 2 or 3 seasons. Look at most of the unemployed players right now. A lot of them are older veterens. Most of them are healthy though. Googs can marginally contribute, and it would be hard for him to earn a roster spot against younger, healthier players who would be cheaper (poss. below vet min)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think there is no team right now who would want Gugliotta for more than the veteran minimum, and even that is debatable. He can't play, and any playing time that he does get just detracts from the development of any team's younger talent.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Gugliotta has to prove he can stay healthy and the league does seem like it is getting younger.

However, players tend to hang around if they can make a jumpshot and box out.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't think Googs is ready. The last game he played like crap. His jumper was off and he had no control out on the floor. I hate to say it but Frank is right by not playing him. I am sure someone next year will want to trade for Googs just for his expiring contract. I think the Suns will keep him around next year and not take on any longer contacts. He maybe a be able to get back into game shape by next year to be that 3-4 Forward/Center off the bench.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard