wireless router

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It appears that my wireless router has died. Both my son's laptop and mine no longer have a connection and when I try to run the speed test on cisco connect it says my pc needs to be connected to the router.

All lights on the router are on and my pc does connect to the internet. I have an older Cisco E1000 wireless router with 2 laptops connected, both running xp. I also have a printer, supposedly connected, but I could never get it to work wireless. Yesterday I had Direct TV installed and they installed a wireless receiver for their demand tv and pay per view. At the time that was working.

It will also need to be compatible with apple products, allowing Ipads and smartphones get connected.

I'm thinking I need to replace the router and am wondering what would be best. Budget is ??. I would like to keep it in the 100-130 range.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thanks, forgot to mention that I am using cox for internet. This had a lot of reviews on best buy and is less expensive than the Linksys EA6300 I was considering.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, forgot to mention that I am using cox for internet. This had a lot of reviews on best buy and is less expensive than the Linksys EA6300 I was considering.

If you have cox internet, I would call them up and ask about their modem/router options. That's what I did when my cable modem died.

That way, you upgrade your cable modem, get a new router, and they will send someone over for free to install it and configure it. Plus it just goes on your cable bill so you get a little interest-free loan. I think it is in your price range.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Cisco died yesterday...lights are on, but no wireless.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have cox internet, I would call them up and ask about their modem/router options. That's what I did when my cable modem died.

That way, you upgrade your cable modem, get a new router, and they will send someone over for free to install it and configure it. Plus it just goes on your cable bill so you get a little interest-free loan. I think it is in your price range.

That is a great idea - my cable modem is old as well

OP
OP
A

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It turns out that the name for the connection was changed. Making those changes corrected the problem. Additionally calling Cox and having them reflash the modem got us back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard