Winless through the first 5 games

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like I do? The Cardinals only possibility to win any game in the first 5 comes down to our season opener against Washington. It seems like team cost and assuring a high draft pick is a real consideration of this team. It can definitely said that this will be Gannon's team! Love the future draft picks but we really have so few positions filled with real NFL talent that you can't draft half the team and expect to win. Thoughts????

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards can win week 1. Outside of that though, I'd have to go to the 2nd half of the season before I could see another win.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
We'll probably win a game or 2 we shouldn't..but opening on the road east coast at 10am does not bode well for the Cards given their past :(

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We'll probably win a game or 2 we shouldn't..but opening on the road east coast at 10am does not bode well for the Cards given their past :(
They haven’t played well at home either. I have this team with two wins, unlikely the opening game goes in the win column. I’m ready to get the season started. I need a break from speculation.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Yeah...the timing of the Cards 25% season tickets hike (for me at least) still boggles my mind..or that I went ahead and paid it!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
0-5 seems like a strong possibility to me.

I don't have NFL Ticket anymore but I do have Game Pass, lets me listen to the Cardinals radio broadcast. Will be entertaining to listen to Pasch & Wolf try to put a bow on the heaping pile that is the 2023 Cards. Last year you could hear the exasperation/frustration in Pasch's voice at times, it was like he was low key echoing how fans felt.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like I do? The Cardinals only possibility to win any game in the first 5 comes down to our season opener against Washington. It seems like team cost and assuring a high draft pick is a real consideration of this team. It can definitely said that this will be Gannon's team! Love the future draft picks but we really have so few positions filled with real NFL talent that you can't draft half the team and expect to win. Thoughts????
I'm not sure.

I feel like this team is trying to play ugly and keep the games close. Here is the thing, if our Oline can get push and we can get 4 yds a carry we might do a lot better than most think.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
week 1 always has weird outcomes so I could see us somehow stumbling into a W against a mediocre Washington team, but I think the odds of them even sniffing a win in the next 4 games are grim.
That's how I see it going. Win the 1st and lose the next for, or sneaking in a W on one of those teams. I see us at 1-4 through 5.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Think I saw on ESPN, according to their “metrics” the cards have less than 30% to win any of their first 5 games.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how I see it going. Win the 1st and lose the next for, or sneaking in a W on one of those teams. I see us at 1-4 through 5.

The football gods would really have to be smiling on the Cardinals to win one of these games. The ball better bounce to the Cardinals every time and the refs need to make calls in the Cardinals favor.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The football gods would really have to be smiling on the Cardinals to win one of these games. The ball better bounce to the Cardinals every time and the refs need to make calls in the Cardinals favor.
If the Cards can score 23 points or more, I think they beat Washington. Their offense is probably worse than ours somehow.

Who am I kidding... Our long lost stepchild Logan Thomas will probably have 100 yards and 2TDs against us.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not optimistic at all on this team but I think they will will 2 to 3 games, especially when Kyler comes back.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We open up against 3 NFC East teams. Keep in mind that JG has prepped FOUR times in the last 2 seasons for both Washington & Dallas, and FIVE times for the Giants since he had to prepare 3 times last year. We may be more competitive in these games than the idiot prognosticators out there want to admit.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We open up against 3 NFC East teams. Keep in mind that JG has prepped FOUR times in the last 2 seasons for both Washington & Dallas, and FIVE times for the Giants since he had to prepare 3 times last year. We may be more competitive in these games than the idiot prognosticators out there want to admit.
Bet?

For each NFC East team the Cards cover the spread against, I’ll say something nice about MOJG.

Every time they fail to cover, you have to post some mistake made by the coaching staff or failure in personnel that contributed to the loss.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard