Will Shaq play more of the Divac role or the Kareem role?

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
I'm talking about Divac towards the end of his Kings tenure where he ran less.

People keep bring up Kareem but I see more of a Divac role, where he can be more of a high/low post passer and not so much of a primary scoring option. He can also play the role of a great outlet passer and trailer.

What do you guys think?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I'm talking about Divac towards the end of his Kings tenure where he ran less.

People keep bring up Kareem but I see more of a Divac role, where he can be more of a high/low post passer and not so much of a primary scoring option. He can also play the role of a great outlet passer and trailer.

What do you guys think?

Correct in that Shaq will not be the primary scoring option for the Suns, but I think Amare will still man the high post not Shaq. Shaq is here for low post defense, that's the main thing.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he'll play the Pat Burke role. Bench guy bad attitude, clown, etc.

nowagimp

Reaction score
shaq will play the shaq role, he shoots 60% from the block and will physically change the interior of the suns defense. "Soft" will no longer apply. Shaqs biggest impact will be what he does for amare, sets him loose to be an explosive '4'. Amare will no longer get fatigued playing bigger stronger players on the low block, he'll be coming on help defense, swatting everything he can reach. Amare will also get out and run more when shaq is on the floor, no '4' can guard amare on the break. I also look forward to shaq passing to amare out of the double team. No one knows how long shaq will be able to play at a high level, but even one year could be enough to win.