• No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Paul's been talked about In every outlet. I want to know what this board thinks.
Loved him last week hate him now. Want to love him again so I picked yes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate him? My lord... and you used to bash me for saying the team sucked when they ACTUALLY sucked.

I love Chris Paul. He’s the reason we’re in the Finals. One awful game isn’t going to make me hate a d forget an entire year of awesomeness.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hate is way too strong and inappropriate, yet, disappointed doesn't feel strong enough. Since we won game 2, I have envisioned what it would look like and feel like to see CP3 win it all in a Suns uniform. And to see that slip away would be catastrophic. But hate? No way...

I honestly don't think it will take much of CP3 to help this team win tomorrow, as well as to win it all!
We don't need 20+ points from him... He simply needs to not turn the ball over, while putting up 7+ assists and keeping the offense flowing and in rhythm.
I think he can do it... man I hope he does!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odds of him scoring 30 or more are low. We don't need him to score like that to win though. We need his playmaking more than scoring.

If he's responsible for more than 30 points between his own scoring and assists, I like our odds.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After all the crap that has happened to Chris Paul this playoffs and all he has had to grind through? How could anybody not get behind this guy? I think he helps gut out this series for us. I don't think he is healthy enough to put up 30 but I do think he can help us win.

What gives you the impression everybody hates him? It's the other way around.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
Only reason this team is in the position they are now, which is the finals. It's because Paul. If you expected the team to cruise to a championship, you were fooling yourself. The other team gets paid to be there too.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he has 3 more games like that then we can talk but right now I think he’s going to rise to the occasion. We really need to set screens and rubs the second that ball gets over half court to get him in a favorable match up.

Booker can handle Holiday but it’s clear Paul is struggling with him

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Most of PHX wins in playoffs come when 3 guys go for at least 20+ points. Like Giannis, Booker needs help so Paul needs to carry some of the load. He only had 10 points in Game 5 and had he not had key turnovers in the 4th quarter PHX wins but if "Closeout Chris" (as Shannon Sharpe calls him) would have showed up then we would have easily won Game 5.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a crazy stat for Paul. He had 2 clutch turnovers in game 4. Clutch is defined as turnovers when a game is within 5 points and there is less than 5 minutes remaining. He had just 8 clutch turnovers ALL season. That's huge.

ESPN's game 6 preview had that and some other good takes on Paul as their first item covered by their "experts". That was the most jarring stat mentioned, IMO, and demonstrates how out of character it is for him.

ESPN.com/nba/story/_/page/5on5-31820439/nba-finals-2021-answering-big-questions-heading-pivotal-game-5

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Eh, I'm not that down on Paul. Yes, he's had a bad series and probably playing through injuries more than he should be. But a lot if that is on Monty not being more judicious with how much and in what situations he is putting him in. There's no doubt that we wouldn't be where we are without CP, so I'm not going to beat up on him too much, even with his sub-par play. I think it's important to remember, in spite of his poor play, he hasn't appeared to be quitting on the team or playing lazy... something I am not sure I can say about some other guys.