Will Jerry Colangelo sell the Diamondbacks?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any chance JC will sell the Diamondbacks anytime soon? I think if JC sells it will be after the season.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
He could always sell the team to me for my $310.:rolleyes:

But honestly, I don't think He will sell them.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
I was wondering if there is any chance JC will sell the Diamondbacks anytime soon? I think if JC sells it will be after the season.

:confused:

Wouldn't he have to own the team first?

He is only a minority owner and really invested very little personal money into the team. He appears as the "owner" at team functions but is really only the "managing general partner" chosen by the other investors/owners to represent them. He could not sell the team.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He could always sell his share of the team. I read an article about a month ago that the new owner of the Angels tried to buy the Diamondbacks over a year ago but jerry decided not to.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Moreno tried to buy controlling interest in the DBacks and Jerry made that big cash call a couple years ago to stop him - it wasn't so much that the team was broke, it was to block a cash takeover. Too bad, maybe.

JC has some arrangement that his interest in the team and his position can be cashed out at his demand about 5 years from now (or maybe it was longer, I forget exact details) for something like $25 Million - he actually only invested a smallish amount of his own cash initially.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZZenny
JC has some arrangement that his interest in the team and his position can be cashed out at his demand about 5 years from now (or maybe it was longer, I forget exact details) for something like $25 Million - he actually only invested a smallish amount of his own cash initially.

Yeah - that sweetheart deal he set up was brought up in that infamous interview from a few years back in which Jerry lost his cool, swore up and down, and stormed off very unprofessionally. Evidently the truth was something he didn't want to discuss at the time. :rolleyes:

Djaughe

Reaction score
RUMOR (DON'T KILL THE GOSSIPER!)

A friend of mine who works in the governors office for the gila river indian community told me that J.C. contacted the governor inquiring if the reservation would be interested in purchasing the diamondbacks.

It wasn't clear if it was for a small percentage or for ownership...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen