Wildcats Moving On Up To #12

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
remarkable what Miller has done so fast.. Wonder if we can get in the top ten before the PAC10 tournament..

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
A sweep this weekend and we're probably in the top 10. Purdue/Wisky play each other then Purdue gets Ohio State on the road and Georgetown has a road game at UConn this week. Just gotta take care of biz, the Washington schools can play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive that the Cats are back so quick.

Lunardi still has them as a 5 seed

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Lunardi has the Pac 10 graded way down. Obviously if UA is top 10 headed into the tourney you're looking at a 3 seed by the numbers, even if you downgrade the conf a 4 is the lowest.

If they win out and win the conf tourney I think that's what 8 or 9 more wins which would put them at 30 wins, no way they could go into the tourney with 30 wins and not be at least a 3 seed IMHO.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Good to be where we are but I honestly don't think we're the 12th or 13th best team in the country more like 19 or so. Next year is when we become vintage Arizona again.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Helps that Kansas is the #1 team and we kept it within 8 against them. IMO, the team is no longer a one man band. Ever since the D-Will pinky injury, players like Momo, Parrom and Fogg have stepped up in a major way.

A sweep against the Washington schools at home is absolutely necessary.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Impressive that the Cats are back so quick.
We definitely had some help on the way from the likes of Tim Floyd, Herb Sendek, Ben Howland, etc. but you know what they say about when you get lemons.

Speaking if turnaround jobs, what's your take on Weber nowadays? The Illini are looking pretty bubbly if you will once again. Not sure one 1st round loss and possibly three non-NCAA appearances recently is going over in Champaign.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I am a homer but think the ranking is deserved. This is a different team right now then at the beginning of the season and while I have always thought there was a limited ceiling for this team because of the players around DWill, to man a new guy steps up every night. Over the last few games, this team has had no flaws. They defend the three and paint, the rebound, they shoot well, and they play in a flow offensively. Plus they have a star and what now amounts to a great supporting cast.

Can the others keep this up? I am sure there will be some more bumps along the way. But although our resume isn't actually the greatest, I think that fails to take into consideration just HOW much better this team has played over the last 6 games. I would feel pretty comfortable playing most of the teams behind us on a neutral court and doing well. Hell we did just that with (soon to be formerly #1 Kansas).

Lets protect home court and all will be well.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I just think we don't have the quality wins some of those teams in the 15 area do but whatever, I'll take it. The AP and Coaches rankings mean nothing to the NCAAT committee anyways.

One question though - when does Poolboy's Savior Watch make a return?

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see any reason why the Wildcats shouldnt be in the top 10 come Monday.. #3 Texas, #4 Pitt and #8 Notre Dame all lost this weekend.. And the Cats won..

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Number 11 Purdue beat Ohio State - they will move into the top 10 before UA.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Would be nice, but the top 10 takes care of itself if you take care of business. And the Selection Committee doesn't pay attention to the AP or Coaches Polls.

Split this weekend and take care of homecourt next week then we win the Pac-10 regular season title. Then win our easy path through the conference tournament and we're probably a #3 seed. That #3 seed is huge, you avoid the underachievers (Michigan St, Illinois, Gonzaga, etc) in the first round for some low major conference tourney winner and then you get the winner of what's usually two decent teams in 6/11 game in Round 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wildcats ranked #10 in the USA/ESPN poll.. Waiting on the AP poll now..

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they passed Georgetown and Wisconsin.

Purdue had a heck of a week - beating two top ten teams

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard