Wild Card Weekend Games 2024

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Takes a little shine off that improbable comeback we had

That team has been a total 2021 Cardinals-esque train wreck for two months.
I thought it was impressive because it felt like the cardinals really beat them up physically in that game in spite of the score being close. But it was one of the many nails that closed their coffin to end the season. I think a big indicator of the eagles season being over was when they gave up against the giants at halftime.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

We definitely contributed to their downfall. Before we beat them they at least looked like they were trying to win games. Losing to your former coach's tank team must be demoralizing. They didn't look like they believed for a second that they could win this game.

This is the worst collapse I've ever seen. The 2021 playoff Cardinals would have smoked this Eagles team tonight.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not to go all @cheesebeef (I say that respectfully)

But Baker Mayfield 2 playoff wins Kyler 0.

These playoffs make some feel we arent far away. It makes me feel like no we're exactly where we should be.

*I feel better by February*
People look at all the holes we have and think we are hopelessly far away. The reality is that every team besides the 49ers has a ton of holes, all we need to do is fill a couple of them well (DT & WR) and we'll be back in the mix. As far as beating the 49ers, you just have to hope they have some bad injury luck.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not to go all @cheesebeef (I say that respectfully)

But Baker Mayfield 2 playoff wins Kyler 0.

These playoffs make some feel we arent far away. It makes me feel like no we're exactly where we should be.

*I'll feel better by February*
these playoffs make me hopeful...doesnt look like it will take a ton of huge additions for us to be in the wildcard mix next season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Based off the Pit/Buf highlights the Steelers corners had their tickets to Cancun booked before the game.

Reactions: PJ1

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I watched a breakdown of the Eagles offense before the Cardinals played them and the analyst said they essentially run a high school offense. Very simple concepts and they basically rely on just beating teams physically. When that doesn't happen they are in trouble.

For all the Hurts hype, he is exactly who I thought he is: an athletic QB with mediocre QB skills. He's just not good enough of a passer.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Reading about how Patricia operated when he was the Lions coach was crazy. He essentially dismantled a winning team overnight and turned them into a laughingstock. I wouldn't touch Patricia with a ten foot pole.
Matt Patricia is about the most overrated coach not named Josh McDaniels.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Definitely. We should have stomped the Eagles into the ground. Had to mount a huge comeback because we could only muster 6 first-half points against those sorry sacks. All of our "improbable comebacks" seem to happen because we sucked buttermilk in the first half. Many are probably in games we should have won handily anyways - like the Raiders game that everyone likes to point to for Kyler's heroics. Rewatch the first half where they outscored us 20-0. Game never should have even been close except for our first half suckage.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I thought it was impressive because it felt like the cardinals really beat them up physically in that game in spite of the score being close. But it was one of the many nails that closed their coffin to end the season. I think a big indicator of the eagles season being over was when they gave up against the giants at halftime.
As others have said, the biggest indicator was turning to Matt Patricia to "fix" the defense. It got worse.

Matt Patricia is just awful.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard