Why sign here???

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cmon Kordell, sign with us. I know our offer is a little better than the Bears. Plus you will get to play in front of 20,000 cheering fans. Our defense is terrible, but that will get you back on the field more. And even if you throw only 15 tds and 19 ints everybody will be happy because thats still better than Jake.

And Rosie Colvin how can you pass up this opportunity? Our offer is just as good anybody elses. Heck, come here and get 8 sacks and you could run for Mayor. History shows that by the time the nice weather gets here the team is usually out of any playoff hopes. You don't have to worry about standing on the sidelines with the team 4- 10 in zero temperatures the likes of Chicago. No siree, not here.

I'm sorry. If we are going to land ANYBODY, we really better up the ante to some of these free agents. There is no other incentive to come here. This is driving me crazy.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by slanidrac16
Our defense is terrible, but that will get you back on the field more.

First off I hope Kordell doesnt take our offer no matter how much it is the guy simply sucks!

Secondly if our D is horrible it means he will be on the field less not more since our d will be giving up long time consuming drives one right after the other!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
This is a cycle that we need to get out of

Losing----->------>No FA's------>------>Bad Scouting-------->Losing

How do we exit the cycle? :confused:

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
This is a cycle that we need to get out of

Losing----->------>No FA's------>------>Bad Scouting-------->Losing

How do we exit the cycle? :confused:

I think you need to have a specific plan over a few years. However, we are always re-baselining our 3 year plan and never getting any closer.

If Graves does have a plan I think he can communicate parts of it in a way that envisions fans and FAs. I have not heard it yet. Maybe I am missing something.

X-29Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
IMO, the Cards do have a plan.

Operate within the Cap's strictest interpretation, and "try" to field a competitive team. While winning teams attempt to circumvent (or manipulate) the cap in order to keep their nucleas' intact and add players to their rosters, the Cards continue to "make one step forward two steps back". They lose proven players and replace them with potential players.

There will be those who say that those teams that "circumvent the cap" eventually end up in "salary cap hell". But in spite of the Cards not being in "salary cap hell", their roster looks like the product of the like. The difference is that those teams that do take every advantage within the "cap's rules" keep their fans excited, and have a chance at a championship.

IMO, free agents coming to visit realize this, and IMO, (deep down), none of them really think the Cards are "committed to winning". Therefore, unless the Cards throw ridiculous dollars at the occasional free agent, in order for them come to languish in the desert sun, the Cards continue to struggle to bring in players.

Players know that they need good players around them to have success. I really don't think that players around the league believe the Cards are willing to do what it takes to win a championship.

From a frustrated long time Cards' fan.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave