Why is Bucannon not starting?

Coach_Matt83

Reaction score
For Wilks being A DC last season he should see some similarities in Bucannon that he seen in Kuechly and Davis SR at the LB spot and why hes not starting is beyond me but it goes way deeper than that obviously. McCoy is done in this league. He would have a tough time getting a youth football league gig . Wilks is a "our fans deserve better' away from getting fired but who. An come in and put out this catastrophic dumpster fire this fan base is being decimated by incompetence fix the damn offense make 2 or 3 tweaks to the defense and well be in good shape whether it be scheme players or coaching changes. Your move MB and SK the fans are waiting

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bucannon is a square peg in a round hole. He is the poster boy for the undersized speedy linebacker. What he can't do is take on offensive lineman straight up. He runs by them and around them. Wilks expects his linebackers to take on the block and shed them.

Not getting off blocks is why the Cardinals keep getting gashed for big runs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buc not starting makes total sense he has no role in a 4-3 defense. I didn't get going with Gunter over Nkemdiche last night, I read that was done because of run defense and because he's more consistent, another example of disagreement for me. Nkemdiche has not been a great run defender but I don't think our run defense is his fault either, I think it's primarily the LB's and the scheme.

I would hope that's not a permanent decision, one reason we had no pressure at all last night was Nkemdiche didn't play as much.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson