Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why Him?

Release date: December 23, 2016
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: John Hamburg
MPAA Rating: R (for strong language and sexual material throughout)
Screenwriters: John Hamburg, Ian Helfer
Genre: Comedy

Starring: James Franco, Bryan Cranston, Zoey Deutch

Plot Summary: Over the holidays, Ned (Bryan Cranston), an overprotective but loving dad and his family visit his daughter at Stanford, where he meets his biggest nightmare: her well-meaning but socially awkward Silicon Valley billionaire boyfriend, Laird (James Franco). The straight-laced Ned thinks Laird, who has absolutely no filter, is a wildly inappropriate match for his daughter. The one-sided rivalry-and Ned's panic level-escalate when he finds himself increasingly out of step in the glamorous high-tech hub, and learns that Laird is about to pop the question.

You must be registered for see images attach

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will someone tell me if Bert's "Absurdity Train" rolls in for this one? I have a feeling it will...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Will someone tell me if Bert's "Absurdity Train" rolls in for this one? I have a feeling it will...

I'm seeing it tonight with the fam! I'll let you know what I think afterwards. CHOO CHOO!!!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Choo Choo!!!

Ok so it was really funny. Everyone in the theater was laughing a lot. Freaking Karen from Will and Grace is so damn funny she just makes me laugh as well as James Franco.

It was weird because the first 10 mins of the movie they were like; let's pay the bills and drop 40 brand name sponsors, lol. It was awkward.

But once it got going, I thought it was really funny. Tons of memorable lines and some good acting. I enjoyed Cranston as the straight man and man Keegan-Michael Key kills me in anything he does. lol. Think of it as a really, really obscene Meet the Parents or Guess who's coming to dinner. lol

DEFINITELY an ADULT movie. :) If you are offended by language, pass.

Seriously tho, me and the fam all laughed our butts off and Thirty Two, the absurdity train definitely came chugging into the station at the end. I guess it's the new norm.

So obviously some dumb moments, but all in all worth the price of admission.

You strike me as the kinda gal who was a Karen fan in the Will and Grace days, so you'll dig it.

Also, Zoey Deutch will be my wife someday.
:shocker::thud::jawdrop:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn