Why Didnt We...

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
.. Try and sign Tory James... Pretty good corner add him with Starks and Barrett and thats not too bad..

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

Really, I think we have enough corners, young guys. This guy probably was not in our plans. Besides, we could have the best corners in the world, but without our pass rush they'll all get burned.

adam
________
Bondage rope

Last edited:

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Boston89
.. Try and sign Tory James... Pretty good corner add him with Starks and Barrett and thats not too bad..

He is a big guy too if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Ok yeah but if you think.... People who would be happy with us drafting Newman... why not just sign james and draft another position?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok yeah but if you think.... People who would be happy with us drafting Newman... why not just sign james and draft another position?

Because, IMO, Newman is a better player than James...even though he would just be a rookie.

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
You are prob right.. Newman is better then James but is he better then James and Leftwich? :D

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are prob right.. Newman is better then James but is he better then James and Leftwich? :D

That is a stickier question. The problem of course is trying to predict the paths of both Newman and Leftwich...and to a lesser extent James.

Assuming the same career paths, then I would say, no having James and Leftwich would be better than Newman. Too hard to predict Leftwich since QB is tougher to transition IMO.

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Yeah I was just wondering why we didnt try and sign him, rather then drafting a corner.

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Not saying we are going to draft a corner.... But Newman is an option talked about.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What about Sehorn??? A combo of Starks, Sehorn and Barret would be nice, it looks like the Cards will have alot ofd money left over, going after Sehorn would be nice.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

Originally posted by DevonCardsFan
What about Sehorn??? A combo of Starks, Sehorn and Barret would be nice, it looks like the Cards will have alot ofd money left over, going after Sehorn would be nice.

Sehorn is way overrated. He was pretty good before his injury, but since then he has been a below average corner. Hell, Brandon Stokely burned his ass in that Super Bowl...
________
VAPIR NO2

Last edited:

cards 24-7-365

Registered
Reaction score
For that matter what about a guy like Terry Fair (South Mtn. High School grad) who missed most of last season with a broken ankle. If he is healthy, he would be worth a risk (might sign for small bonus and something near the vet. minimum). He used to return kicks and punts as well.