Who wants to protect Raja against haters on another forum?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raja needs no defense. people hate him because he's good at what he does. we'd hate him if he were on another team also.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raja can take care of himself. That's what I like about him. Let them hate and worry about him. Dennis Rodman seemed to do quite well playing head games with opponents. Raja just needs to learn where to draw the line on payback. There is always a time in the game where he can get payback within the flow of the game without being so obvious. Raja just needs to let opponents worry about when it's coming and do it within the flow of the game... nothing dirty, but just a little extra zing on the fouls for those who have it coming (like for Kobe throwing those elbows).

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
It's not just a bunch of stupid Lakers fans though. It's some other people making some good posts. It seems to have died down I bit. I think I did enough. If there's another post by that guy though... :mad:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just a bunch of stupid Lakers fans though. It's some other people making some good posts. It seems to have died down I bit. I think I did enough. If there's another post by that guy though... :mad:

Are you related to Raja? :)

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
That Nitro guy pisses me off. We never agree.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Haha, I feel GOOD. This guy is usually a good debator but was using Kobe's 43 point game and 50-point playoff game as why Raja is overrated and I just told him Raja didn't play in either game. :D

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
No point

there are some idiot laker fans on clublakers who think we actually overpaid for Diaw.

go fiqure

HooverDam

Reaction score
I like Rajas shooting and defense, but ever since he tackled Kobe, my opinion of him has gone down the toilet. I dont what Kobe does to you on the floor, there is no need for that garbage, purely unacceptable.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Well this guy isn't a Lakers fan. The first guys trash talking him were, but I'd still appreciate some help. Someone to finish off the debate, especially since I have to go soon. A lot of you know more about the Suns than me so I would appreciate it.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
lol, really? That's the 3rd countdown.

Well I got a mavs fan and raps fan helping me out so it's all good. Now the debate is getting to the very stupid parts that some debates get into were you are repeating yourself and not really arguing about much anymore. We are now arguing on Raja being a great defender. He's saying Raja's a good one and I'm saying very good, lol so it has really settled down now. Getting stoopid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Rajas shooting and defense, but ever since he tackled Kobe, my opinion of him has gone down the toilet. I dont what Kobe does to you on the floor, there is no need for that garbage, purely unacceptable.

This may not be the politically correct response, but the only thing Raja did wrong was not send a physical message to Kobe within the context of the game. Kobe was the thug using his elbows to the face of Raja to clear out. IMO, Kobe is the instigator and the thug in this situation. I don't know why Kobe gets a free pass. What Kobe did was garbage and purely unacceptable, but there is a dual standard in the NBA. I say, what comes around, goes around and Kobe is no different because he is a so called "star."

I hope if Kobe pulls this elbow to the face routine again, Raja will use the same technique towards Kobe... and see if the referees call it both ways. I think not. Do you think they will call Kobe for elbowing?

This is why players who feel victimized reach their boiling point. This is not justification for such behavior, but I clearly understand it. I think Raja was disappointed in himself for his behavior, but where were the referees with the whistle stuck in their mouth when Kobe was elbowing Raja?

I think you would be better off to be disasppointed in the officiating. Kobe's elbowing was clearly blatant. He should have been suspended as well.

Last edited:

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
This may not be the politically correct response, but the only thing Raja did wrong was not send a physical message to Kobe within the context of the game.

PC or not, agreed. It maybe wasn't the smartest thing to do at that point in the playoffs and the suspension was no surprise, but sometimes enough is enough. Funny how things work out, though. That little drama, and the whole farce at the end of game 4 combined to form the catalyst for turning the whole series around. Actually, after that move a lot of basketball fans -- and not just in Phoenix -- turned into Bell ringers.

It will be interesting to see how the officials combine some of the new directives with their traditional star treatment. Will the "star" category get T'd up as fast and as often? Let's hope they're consistent.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
raja got elbowed pretty good by kobe several times in the series. im not sure a clothesline was the best way to get revenge but it sent the messagen

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By every rational criteria, what Raja did was dumb. Yet in an odd way, it worked. The Suns have a longtime reputation for being soft. Just push them around and they'll fold. Somehow his clothesline got the message to his teammates that they they may lose, but they won't get abused.

That's not going to make him popular. As it is, his "in your face" defensive style really gets on opponent's nerves as evidenced by Kobe's elbows. It's been a long time since the Suns had a guy who created that much anger by opponents. But if a guy like Kobe can be allowed to get away with elbows, it just fullfills everyone's image of the Suns as soft team.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
I could use someone to come in as a closer and finish off the debate. Just one person. George or cheesebeef would be good. :D

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
those guys are so stupid it pisses me off but to think again they would get knocked the **** out by raja so its all good =)

Errntknght

Reaction score
Kobe originated the 'elbow to the face while holding the ball with both hands' maneuver and it is spreading around the league with Carmello as the second most prolific user. I'd like to see the league jump all over that before someone gets seriously injured. I suspect if they do something about it, it will not be publicly announced because the league would prefer not to have to admit it was being done at all.

HooverDam

Reaction score
About the Raja/Kobe thing:

First off, half of Kobes elbows didnt come close to hitting Rajas face. Ive watched the replays dozens of times, sorry its the truth. Take off the purple glasses.

Second, I do agree Kobe was TRYING to use his elbows, he just wasnt very good at it. I agree Kobe is a thug, and possibly a rapist. I have zero respect for him as a person, but he isn't on my team, so I just sort of ignore him. Because of the way the Colangelos have always tried to run things, I expect the Suns to have winners and good people too.

Third, I dont care if Kobe sneakily puts on brass knuckles and slugs Raja in the ribs, be the bigger man, tell the refs, play the game. There is no reason to ever tackle someone in a sport (unless its football). I was embarrassed as a Suns fan. I can honestly say if I saw any Suns player in public I'd probably go up and thank him for all the great play and hard work, but not Raja- what he did made me sick.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kobe originated the 'elbow to the face while holding the ball with both hands' maneuver and it is spreading around the league with Carmello as the second most prolific user.

Actually, I think Barkley started that, but it was more of, "I already grabbed the rebound, get off me" rather than an offensive manuever.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Was thizz from this site?

Now a Laker fan joined while I was asleep, oh no. :(

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Great post, HooverDam. I agree with all of it, except I've forgiven Bell by now. There is no justification for the takedown, but it was an "understandable" mistake given the heat of the moment. We all lose our tempers and do things we later regret.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard