Who moderates the moderators?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mods/Admins, you are out of hand!
Yeah, I know you have your moderator forum but you do not answer to the members of ASFN and you need to!
We as members of ASFN demand an explanation for your actions!
Arbritrary actions without explanition are unacceptable!
Explain yourselves!
I just paid twenty dollars to renew my membership to put up with your infallible attitude?
Tell me why?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sticky in the Cards' forum. Regardless of whether you're a noob or a lifer at ASFN...the rules are posted and very clear.

Please Read the Cardinal Guidelines of this site

2) Moderators' decisions are final. Our moderators are all unpaid volunteers who are looking out for the best interests of our members. We want to help each and every member get the best experience possible on our board, but there will always be individuals who choose to break the rules and be banned. THERE IS NO PUBLIC DISCUSSION ON THIS.

If you have a problem with a decision a moderator makes, please PM (private message) them and discuss with them the issue. We will be glad to discuss it with you there, but starting threads about it is not allowed. These threads will be closed or deleted.

Not only are moderators’ decisions final but so are their opinions as to what is offensive, inflammatory, a personal attack, profanity or just plain poor taste. Although we will make every effort to look into issues; we will not attempt to research a conflict beyond what we have seen. Otherwise you get into a circular round of "but did you go back and look at what he said to me last week".

Those folks who are unlucky enough to get a temporary ban should take their temporary ban like a man / woman and move on.

Also the moderators will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum. However, it is impossible for us to review all the posts. All posts express the views of the author, and the owners / moderators of ASFN will NOT be held responsible for the content of any message.

The moderators have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason and will use this right at their discretion.

Members with duplicate or inactive accounts will be banned or removed, at the moderator's discretion, without prior notice.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't need 50 threads questioning a decision.

There are 7 Cards' mods. If it happened on the Cards' board - pick one and pm him/her. They'll get to the bottom of the issue and get back to you.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't need 50 threads questioning a decision.

There are 7 Cards' mods. If it happened on the Cards' board - pick one and pm him/her. They'll get to the bottom of the issue and get back to you.

He did. I am working on it. Slow process on a Friday night.

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Really, really BIM?

You're going to pull out the rule book?

The rule book is wrong on so many levels!

Someone needs to question what is going on here and I am.

Unquestionable, absolute authority?

The Mods/Admins are not accoutnable to the members of this board?

Why?

Members make this board not Mods/Admins. Maybe the aforementioned people should re-examine that.

You're all about stepping up for individual rights on the P&R board BIM but not here?

Bottom line, you have a choice.
Ban me or correct the situation
What happened here tonight is wrong,
What has been happening here for a while is wrong.
I don't care what the "rule book" says.
You and the rest of the Mods/Admins know what is right and wrong.

No one is infallible!
We all have to answer to someone

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't have anything to do with what went down tonight - I didn't lock or trash any original threads. The only moderation I did was to get rid of the multiple threads questioning what went down.

I only posted the rules to explain how to proceed...

The rules are in place and pretty clear about what to do in these situations.

The mod that trashed the thread is offline right now and they'll handle it as soon as they are back online. Pretty sure your world hasn't ended over one thread.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O - just so you know, there is often very lively debate on the mod's forum, and we do police actions of moderators when the consensus is an action was unreasonable.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is one of the threads. I have moved it back from the trash pile and placed it in the Smack Shack. My thoughts and reasonings are there. I am not the one who removed it originally.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f23/asfn-funny-friday-158881-2.html

I know from the user end, it can appear that mods are the virtual "man trying to keep you down". We do have to answer to each other and I also believe we answer to the users. Without you, there would be no us.

I can assure you that no one is "out to get anyone" nor is your money and time spent on ASFN a waste. I know you were upset last night, but the real way to handle these situations is to PM the mods. Several of us do answer and will look into any concerns you have.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard