Which Suns player will improve the most in the 22-23 season?

Which Suns player will improve the most in 22-23 season?

• Devin Booker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cam Payne

• Dario Saric

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd gauge expectations a little as far as who people think will take the biggest step forward this season. I'm referring to overall game also, not just scoring but of course scoring is a big part of taking a step forward. Will one of the two-way players become legit NBA players and part of the Suns future, will one of the signings pan out ala Cam Payne a few years ago, or will it be someone already here taking a big step forward? Will one of the starters become more of a difference maker?

Some best case scenarios would be several guys taking a real leap but who knows whether that happens or the improvement is more subtle.

To answer any pre-emptive questions,

Only included rotation players. While it may be nice if a signing pans out, its not likely going to make much of a difference. I grouped them all together in case someone believes one will take a real leap and become a rotation player or more though.

No Chris Paul or Jae Crowder. Paul is old, he's not getting better and Jae is unlikely to play and he's also old, he's not going to improve.

Dario is in the poll despite him not playing last season but consider the improvement from when he last played in the 2020-21 season.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked Mikal but almost picked Cam J. I think Cam will solidify his role as a starter but I think Mikal's ball handling is better and hopefully that translates to him scoring more while creating for him and others. I think he'll become a legit All-Star candidate this year, taking a big step forward offensively.

Longshot would be Dario becoming a Sixth Man of the Year contender filling all sorts of roles for the Suns and helping provide what's needed off the bench. He won't score but he'll help produce points by helping others score. I think he'll be a lot better than he was when we last saw him. He's had a year to watch and see where he can help. He's a smart player and I think he'll be more productive now.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am going with Bridges. I really think we will see Bridges become an offensive force in addition to being one of the best defenders in the NBA. I think Cam J can also explode this season, but I am going with Bridges.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this 2021… or 2020… or 2019? Feel like you guys copy and pasted your exact comments about Bridges from days of yesteryear.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between Jock Landale, Duane Washington Jr. and Landry Shamet who will improve the most this coming season.

Although Duane Washington Jr. is still on a two-way contract, I'm counting on him to be the playmaker and shooter the Suns need off the bench, so he gets my vote.

Shamet could surprise and seize this role as well.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cam……………..Johnson?

For the simple fact he was incredibly streaky last year so if he’s more consistent with more minutes you’re looking at 17-18ppg scorer. He scored over 20 points ten times before getting injured. Of course durability is the main concern with him.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Out of all the rotation players, Cam Johnson is facing the biggest change with his move to starter. That alone makes my choice for me.
I think for us to be successful Cam has to be a actual difference maker. Everyone is worried about losing crowders toughness, but it was painful when he was standing back and just chucking threes. Cam can hit the three and drives a lot more.

Book will be at a high level. I think bridges will be better offensively than he was last year but i don’t see him having the same offensive impact as Cam.

I assume ayton will about the same but if for some reason we can get more from him, we will be fine.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me it's definitely between Mikal and Ayton.

Based on preseason, I went with Mikal, but Ayton's improvement was also noticeable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think every player will regress and we'll finish with a 4-78 record. But I could be wrong.

If we're going to have a chance at being among the elite this season, I think Ayton, Bridges and CamJ all need to make progress. Also, if we are to play to our potential, the one that most needs to show real improvement is Monty.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cam is gonna get bodied by REAL PFs EVERY game he plays, he will be injured more than he plays.
Just relaying what the voice in my head said, don't shoot the messenger.

I went with DA because ... he'd BETTER be an efin MONSTER this year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam is gonna get bodied by REAL PFs EVERY game he plays, he will be injured more than he plays.

This is my concern about Cam Johnson as well. Hopefully it proves not to be the case.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There aren't that many PF's in the league that will body Cam. I can think of about a half dozen or so that will have an obvious advantage,

Randall w/ Knicks, Collins w/ Hawks, JJJ w/ Memphis, Mobley w/ Cavs, and KAT w/ T-Wolves. Other than that Cam J falls more into the Tobias Harris sort of tweener category with guys like Jerami Grant, Harrison Barnes, KD, etc. Other than the Minnesota and Memphis matchups I don't see him physically disadvantaged as much as a lot of people think.

I didn't include LA because Davis is likely to play only 1 of the games against the Suns and I've heard he'll be a Center this year anyways.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose